Football New York Sept 2002

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 07:35 AM
mike

Football New York Sept 2002

I am travelling with my girlfriend to New York and Florida in September I would love to see a game of American Football.How would I go to see either of the N.Y.teams and get tickets?
Thank You
Michael

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Rqf

Both teams play at the Meadowlands in New Jersey. Giants are always sold out so you can't go on game day to purchase a ticket unless you are willing to deal with scalpers - people who sell tickets at an inflated price. I am not certain but I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets were sold out as well. Ticket brokers are a source of tickets but you will pay more than the regular cost of the ticket. When in NYC check the telephone Yellow pages for licensed ticket brokers. Tampa and Miami in Florida have football teams.
Another option is a college football game - tickets should not be hard to come by.
There might be a college football game in the Meadowlands when you are in town or Columbia University may have a game in their stadium.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 08:11 AM
kit

Go to nfl.com and look at the schedules of the NY and Florida teams to see who's playing where when you're in town. Might be easier to get a ticket to a game in Florida...

Have fun!

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Dan

The New York Jets and Giants games will be sold out. Each team has a waiting list a mile long. I don't know about the Jacksonville and Tampa teams. Miami generally has tickets available. The New York Jets will be in Miami on Sept. 22. These games are always highly entertaining. The Dolphins are generally better than the Jets but the Jets have beat them 8 times in a row. The fans also can't stand each other. At least half of the fans will be Jets fans. If you are planning to go to this game I'd check on ticketmaster.com for availability.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 10:16 AM
Barbara

Taking a look at www.nfl.com is a good idea. Once you have identified the game(s) you'd be able to see, go to the website of the home team and you should be able to buy tickets now. You can usually pick them up at "will call" at the stadium on game day.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Barbara

Mike, on second thought, you may not be able to buy individual game tickets until later in the year, but the website will give you that information.