Search

Food Festival Tour

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2017, 07:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Food Festival Tour

It's pretty much common sense that food and travel go hand-in-hand. Who doesn't love eating fresh papaya salad with extra chillis on the beaches of Thailand or sipping on nicely aged wine in Paris? But do people think of America when it comes to food tours?

I've asked a few of my friends and usually they all mention an international city they would travel to in hopes to try some local cuisine. So I just wanted to list some upcoming food festivals in the US that's worth traveling to. I only listed 5 but I am sure there are more.

CHANG SENSORY TRAILS SAN FRANCISCO
Chang beer, one of the leading beers in Thailand is sponsoring Chang Sensory Trails, a free un-ticketed festival in San Francisco that focuses on Thai food, art, music and of course, plenty of beer.

The festival has taken place in Los Angeles, London and Singapore and is coming to San Francisco for the first time this year. It’s taking place on Saturday May 27th 2017 from noon until 10 pm at Fort Mason Center’s Festival Pavilion.

NEW ORLEANS OYSTER FESTIVAL
The Oyster Festival educates about the benefits of the Louisiana Gulf oyster, honors and celebrates the restaurateurs and oyster farmers who have solidified the New Orleans French Quarter and celebrates with live music and, of course, oysters! This takes place in New Orleans from June 3-4.

CHICAGO FOOD TRUCK FESTIVAL
Food Trucks are as American as Apple Pie. Starting in 1866 with the first Chuck Wagon up until today. Food trucks are here to stay and so are we! You've seen them on TV, you've heard about them from your friends, and now they’re coming back for the 4th annual Food Truck Festival Saturday, June 24th, 2017 and Sunday, June 25th, 2017 in Chicago! Head over to South Loop, 1600 S Wabash Ave., Chicago, 60616.

LA FOOD FEST
They're bringing LA's favorite tasting event back to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum with more world class, award winning top chefs and restaurants, out of town headliners, your favorite trucks, street stands and carts and more, all in one place for summer fun.

All of their vendors are hand picked to bring you the best of the best and help you discover new favorites. Sample signature bites from a curated selection of 100+ food vendors from hot list restaurants and celebrity chefs to old school carts and stands plus craft beer gardens, craft cocktail bars, the iced coffee lounge and everyone's favorite – our ice cream social. This takes place on June 10.

SMORGASBURG WILLIAMSBURG
Smorgasburg is the largest weekly open-air food market in America, attracting 20,000-30,000 people to Brooklyn each weekend to eat from 100 local vendors—Saturdays on the Williamsburg waterfront and Sundays in beautiful Prospect Park. It launched May 21, 2011, as a spinoff of Brooklyn Flea (founded in 2008), and has since launched dozens of small businesses and attracted millions of visitors. The New York Times dubbed Smorgasburg “The Woodstock of Eating." This takes place 11am-6pm on Saturdays at 90 Kent Ave. Brooklyn NY 11211.
Old May 23rd, 2017, 11:06 AM

This weekend in San Jose, CA - Taco Festival of Innovation:

http://www.mvblfeast.com/tacofestival/
Old May 23rd, 2017, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

Tacos
Old Aug 28th, 2017, 01:21 AM

This kind of informative post really help me to expolore food in city.Thank you so much..
Keep posting related stuff. Just missing Korean fest here. It would be great if you mention about more world cuisines like Korean, India, South and East Asians etc.
Old Aug 29th, 2017, 05:10 AM

The Queens Night Market in NY.
Saturday nights 6pm-12am during the summer and fall. The fall dates begin Sept 29th.
http://queensnightmarket.com