Food at Kona "Hawaiin" Village

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anybody tell me about the food at Kona Hawaiian Village? What other places did you enjoy eating at in the Kona area? Thanks!
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 01:56 PM
MaureenB

Our favorite place for a low-keyed restaurant in Kona is the Kona Grill. It's been a standby in Kona for many years, has a very nice patio on the water and great fresh Ono sandwiches. It's also reasonably priced. I think they have a sister grill on a golf course north of Kona-- I forget the name. It, too, was nice for a moderately priced dinner.

Old Aug 8th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Aug 8th, 2004, 12:03 PM

In the Kings shops in the Waikoloa area try Roys. (we just returned yesterdat BTW). It is pricey but worth it. We went to Huggos for dinner on our last night and thought is was B- food at A prices. The view is A+ however. For creative food at a less cost try Merrimans, also in the Kings shops. Avoid the Grand Palace IMHO as it was very forgettable Chinese food and we are still waiting for a spoon we asked for 3 times. Hama Yu's for Japanese was acceptable. Interestingly I asked for rice with my beef Teriyaki and the waitress said it was another $6.00 for a bowl of steamed rice but she would toss it in for free. Sounds strange but it happened. The Big Island Steak House was pretty good too but overall Roys was the clear winner.
Old Aug 8th, 2004, 12:27 PM

My wife and I enjoy the Charthouse in Kona; very nice place for a mai tai and steak at sunset.
Old Aug 8th, 2004, 01:18 PM

Unfortunately the Chart House in Kona closed over a year ago. Best bets for a good meal in Kona now are at the Kona Grill, Kona Inn, Jameson's, Huggo's or Outback. Basil's is an option for basic but decent Italian food.