Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Fodors! I love your new Oahu Guide! (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/fodors-i-love-your-new-oahu-guide-759998/)

lcuy Jan 6th, 2009 08:21 PM

Fodors! I love your new Oahu Guide!

Just got the new "Full Color" Oahu guide book, and have to say it is a real winner.

I live in Honolulu and didn't need another Oahu guide, but I got it free for being quoted and figured I'd put it out for guests.

When it arrived though, I scanned it to find my quote (never did!) and fouond all kinds of goodies, like picture guide to oahu flowers & fish, lists of local theaters, guide to the hula, lists of local and lua`u foods and many other interesting historical and cultural tidbits. In addition, they've got some really great recommendations for day trips, hikes, dining and sights.

And no, I'm not getting paid for this plug, but it was a really pleasant surprise to read this book!

nanabee Jan 7th, 2009 06:52 PM

great lcuy! i will pass that information onto my neice who just left Hawaii but may want to go back someday!
She is leaving Portland and off to NY tomorrow.

dusty56438 Jan 7th, 2009 08:49 PM

I'm waiting for my free Fodor's Oahu Guide.

My quote was about Bishop Museum having a volcano house.

Katie_H Jan 8th, 2009 07:03 AM

Hi lcuy---thanks for the shout out!

We love spotting positive reviews about our guides on sites around the web (Amazon, etc.) but it means a lot when members share their impressions here too. I'm glad that you like the book so far--I'll definitely pass the kudos on to the Oahu editor. The color guides are a new addition here--we're very excited about them.

I apologize that you did not find your quote; I'll follow up with you offline with an email after I take another look through. There is small chance that in one of the guide's final cycles just before going to the printer the quote was removed due to a layout issue. That would be unfortunate if that is what happened, as I know you were excited about seeing your name in print; but I appreciate your enthusiasm all the same.

Thank you for posting over the years and thank you to everyone posting Hawaii advice---there are obviously many, many, many members that could have been quoted---there's a lot of good Hawaii-related advice here.

lcuy Jan 8th, 2009 04:09 PM

Don't worry about my quote Katie... If you find out it is in there, I'd love to know, but I'm not worrying about it! As long as you don't want the guide back ...

I will love sharing this guide with my guests.

mark99 Jan 8th, 2009 04:26 PM

Speaking of Oahu, did the Royal Hawaiin finish its renovations?

If so any idea how it went?

aloha Jan 9th, 2009 03:17 PM

lcuy, in looking through the book for my quote, I recall seeing 2 quotes of yours...tho one had a typo with your name as lcuv. ((r))

lcuy Jan 9th, 2009 07:24 PM

Aloha...I'm glad you found them! I went back and checked again, and found them too! For some reason, I didn't see the any of the quotes on the left pages!

I just "tried out" the book on my friend from Pennsylvania...She loved it and will be using it this week!