Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Fodors 2007 Guide to New Mexico and we're in it! (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/fodors-2007-guide-to-new-mexico-and-were-in-it-689594/)

DebitNM Mar 20th, 2007 01:44 PM

Fodors 2007 Guide to New Mexico and we're in it!

TO:
Beachbum
Beachboi
BeachGirl247
Elendilpickle
Moldyhotelsaregross
Chele60
travel_addict

We are all quoted in the new Fodor's New Mexioc Guide Book! There are others quoted too of course, but the above list are pretty regular contributors to those seeking info about NM.

Good job all and thanks for all the great suggestions.

Debi

FainaAgain Mar 20th, 2007 02:18 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if Fodor's somehow acknowledged our contributions? I wouldn't know I was quoted if someone didn't buy a... Las Vegas guide!!

At least a post here, on the website, or an e-mail would be nice!

BeachGirl247 Mar 20th, 2007 03:14 PM

No Kidding! Wow, <i> we're published! </i>

Were did you read this? Were you at the bookstore?

I'm looking at the list at Beachbum, Beachboi and me, Beachgirl. Funny but we're not related! LOL

Thanks, Debi. I'll check it out!

DebitNM Mar 20th, 2007 03:29 PM

Yup, &quot;three beaches and a debit&quot; LOL!

suze Mar 20th, 2007 04:10 PM

wow~ better watch what i say around here
;-)

BeachGirl247 Mar 20th, 2007 07:53 PM

I agree, Suze! <i> They </i> are watching! ;)

ElendilPickle Mar 31st, 2007 04:38 PM

Wow, we've been published! Hope y'all are enjoying your 15 seconds of fame. :-D I made sure to look at the NM guide; in addition to the forum quotes at the beginning of each chapter, there are member quotes sprinkled throughout the chapters.

Fodor's has decided my home computer doesn't accept cookies, so I can only get on occasionally using Mr. Pickle's work computer.

Lee Ann

trippinkpj Mar 31st, 2007 05:40 PM

That's cool y'all! :-)

moldyhotelsaregross Apr 2nd, 2007 04:30 PM

Is there an online reference or must I go seek out the book? I'd love to knwo what has made me famous!

moldyhotelsaregross Apr 2nd, 2007 04:32 PM

Oh, if looking at the book, does anyone recall page numbers?

BeachGirl247 Apr 2nd, 2007 07:12 PM

Moldy, you have a 'word of mouth' on the chapter page, page 187:

Side Trips From the Cities
Word of Mouth
&quot;We really got a kick out of the Tinkertown Museum. What was most fun for us was finding the things that seemed most out of place.&quot;

May be others but that's what I've found so far.

I made sure I told my husband of my &quot;publishing&quot; as to somehow justify my time on fodors website! ;)

moldyhotelsaregross Apr 3rd, 2007 03:06 AM

Thanks for finding that! I told my mom and she just laughed at me. You know, I think it is possible to hear someone roll their eyes over the telephone!

jbass Apr 3rd, 2007 05:38 AM

It's nice that the Fodors staff has people to do their jobs for them. ;;)

xrae Apr 3rd, 2007 10:39 AM

Put it on your resume!! Congrats. :)

LeoraO Apr 4th, 2007 08:17 PM

Elendilpickle, I was having same problem with the cookie issue! Try holding your Control button down
continuously while clicking on your trip advisor info. it temporarily allows cookies that way is my understanding. It's worked to solve the problem in any case! Good Luck, LO

ElendilPickle Apr 6th, 2007 05:16 PM

&gt;&gt;Try holding your Control button down
continuously while clicking on your trip advisor info.&lt;&lt;

Leora, thanks for the tip, but I'm not sure what you mean. What info should I be clicking on?

Lee Ann, posting from Mr. Pickle's work computer once again

LeoraO Apr 9th, 2007 10:27 AM

For me, my problem was not being able to get the trip advisor hotel compare to open due to my software set on high spam and not allowing unlimited cookies. By holding the (CTRL)Control button on left bottom of my keyboard and clicking on any hard to open info, it temporarily allows the cookies so I don't alter my overall strategy of not being inundated with unwanted info. Worked for me, hope it will work for you! Perhaps someone else can give a more clear explanation! Technologically challenged I am! Rgds, LO