Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Fodorites: Post your bios, so we can get to know each other better! (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/fodorites-post-your-bios-so-we-can-get-to-know-each-other-better-195155/)

Kelly Oct 8th, 2001 07:43 AM

Fodorites: Post your bios, so we can get to know each other better!

There is a great thread on the Europe board where Fodorites have posted bios (close to 200)! Thought something similar for readers of the USA board might be fun. Also helpful to find people in areas where you might be traveling who have similar pet peeves and interests. Here goes: <BR> <BR>Where - Cicinnati, OH <BR>Age - 26 <BR>Status - female/engaged <BR>Occupation - paralegal in house for insurance company <BR>Hobbies/Likes - TRAVEL, reading, sewing, visiting amusement parks, anything disney, and children <BR>Dislikes - smoking, shopping, exercise, food snobs <BR> <BR>You next!

anon Oct 8th, 2001 08:05 AM

Anonymous and like to keep it that way.I post under 3 different names sometimes anon.Everyone here gets blasted eventually and it can get pretty nasty.I wouldnt feel comfortable putting my bio out because someone would probably read it and then think that they really know me.In later threads some posters would probably make assumptions or critisize based on personal info. that they know.

xxx Oct 8th, 2001 08:32 AM

The Dating Game remixed? LOL

bad idea Oct 8th, 2001 08:38 AM

Kelly: <BR> <BR>You obviously do not know that the USA boards are nothing like the Europe Boards...you will learn. <BR>

Larry Oct 8th, 2001 08:42 AM

Where: San Diego <BR>Age: 34 <BR>Status: single male <BR>Occupation: computer programmer <BR>Likes: watching all sports, palying golf, running, biking, being outdoors especially near the ocean, gourmet restaurants <BR>Dislikes: museums, malls, cold weather <BR> <BR> <BR>Dislikes: <BR>

Kerri Oct 8th, 2001 08:48 AM

Where: Alexandria, VA <BR>Age: 32 <BR>Status: Famale/married <BR>Occupation: worked in the banking industry but taking time off currently to be a mother of 2 <BR>Likes: traveling, planning travel, playing on the internet while kids are napping, architecture and tours of buildings <BR>Dislikes: profanity, those who bash women who choose to be stay at hoem moms, snowskiing (nearly killed myself the 3 times I tried it!)

JenniferHughes Oct 8th, 2001 08:56 AM

And with all this "personal" info why does no one give their real names and email addresses?

Dallas, Texas Oct 8th, 2001 08:58 AM

Where: Guess??? <BR> <BR>Age: 63 <BR> <BR>Status: Famale/married <BR> <BR>Occupation: Retired executive secretary <BR> <BR>Likes: Nice people, traveling, dancing, good movies, baking, shopping and did I mention traveling? <BR> <BR>Dislikes: Mean people, driving in heavy traffic, days without sunshine and being broke. <BR> <BR>Hobbies: Doing ceramics, cake decorating and TRAVELING. <BR>

Anonymous Oct 8th, 2001 09:33 AM

Where - Marietta, GA (Atlanta metro area) <BR> <BR>Female - 54 <BR> <BR>retired school teacher and now part-owner of childrens bookstore <BR> <BR>enjoy reading, drives in the mountains, cooking elegant dinners with my husband and capping it off with a good bottle of wine, studying family tree via internet, weather in the south, anything civil war related, beautiful plantation homes, and of course traveling <BR> <BR>dislike parents who do not get involved in their children's education, traffic, people who smart off anonymously on the internet (this site in particular), camping. <BR> <BR>I am trying to take up golf as a hobby to play with my husband, so far I'm terrible but learning. I'm sure I'll begin to enjoy it someday . . .

GA native too! Oct 8th, 2001 10:11 AM

"young" professional female living in Savannah, GA. <BR> <BR>likes: school (going back now for masters at night), running, shopping, talking travel, finding small out of the way restaurants and bars, laying on any beach, symphony, good wine, spring training baseball, eating gelato in Rome! <BR> <BR>pet peeves: snobby people in general, those who look down on a southern accent and automatically think you are backwards, people who don't like animals, bad grammar (unless you are just a bad typist like me, making it unintentional of course)

cynic Oct 8th, 2001 10:28 AM

This CANNOT be for real.

Kelly Oct 8th, 2001 10:42 AM

Sorry to start a war. This thread is for real. Looks like people on the US board just aren't as friendly. There were close to 200 responses on the Europe board and almost all were sincere. I see nothing wrong with putting this info out there. Now when people see a posting from "Kelly" they know that I am a young active female from the midwest and will answer questions accordingly especially those relating to the Cicinnati area. Plus its fun to get more background on regular posters like "L" and "elvira" and "sfowler" and others. Anyway, if you post your first name only or the name you regularly post under, you are not giving out full info and I would NEVER post my real email address (got to leave some x's in there). Come on people lighten up and have fun with it!

Jeannie Oct 8th, 2001 11:45 AM

Someone, I think a Denise from outside the U.S. started a similar thread on this board about 3 years ago. I think it was "where are you?"

Eric Oct 8th, 2001 12:14 PM

where - Chicago suburbs <BR> <BR>age - 29 <BR> <BR>status - married father of 1 year old daughter <BR> <BR>occupation - lawyer <BR> <BR>likes - playing with new baby, listening to music, palying guitar, collecting knives, golfing in the Caribbean, Chicago Cubs <BR> <BR>ambition - go to all major league baseball parks <BR> <BR>dislikes - fake people, country music, NASCAR, working long hours, news media hype <BR> <BR>

Boots Oct 8th, 2001 12:44 PM

I like this thread! I keep showing my husband funny threads on this forum - you have to be pretty clever to come up with some of this stuff. <BR> <BR>Where: Virginia <BR>Occupation: Mom of 3 preteens and attorney <BR>Likes: Travelling (big-time) <BR>Dislikes: Men with turbans and long beards who are violent, deluded bigots

Buddy Oct 8th, 2001 01:07 PM

Late 40s male, married and living in Little Rock area. <BR> <BR>Enjoy traveling, big history buff, like visiting museums relating to WWII, have been to Italy 6 times, love italian food and wine of course. Also enjoy outdoors activities including camping, hiking and fishing. Returned a couple of months ago from Canadian fishing trip which couldn't have been better. <BR> <BR>Formerly an Manhattanite and can give advice on things NY. <BR> <BR>dislike discussing politics and religion, eating fast food, those who are not open-minded to other cultures, and chopped liver. LOL <BR>

Beth Oct 8th, 2001 02:14 PM

Where - Chicago, Lakeview area, but originally from Nashville, TN and a southern girl at heart <BR> <BR>Status/Age - female married no kids,late 20s <BR> <BR>Occupation - attorney/legal consultant <BR> <BR>Likes - shopping, fashion especially shoes, traveling anywhere, I'm not a snob and like Gatlinburg and Wisconsin Dells occasionally as well as liking going anywhere in Europe and loving London theater. I enjoy going to movies and the ballet, am an avid pro football (Go Titans!) but college basketball fan. Can't get enough Chicago deep dish pizza. enjoy reading in spare time and not ashamed to admit I am currently hooked on Harry Potter books <BR> <BR>Dislikes - driving around forever to find a parking space, conservative right wing politics, guns, not having enough money or vacation time to do the traveling I would like to do, COOKING, mean-spirited people, all vegatables as I am the world's pickiest eater.

Just Oct 8th, 2001 05:19 PM

Hey Boots: <BR>Are you really the "mom of 3 preteens and an attorney"? <BR>

mimi taylor Oct 8th, 2001 05:43 PM

To anon. from Ga-owner of children's bookstore: I am looking for an old book called Miss Jaster"s Garden. Can you get it for me? Hopefully, m.

Coco Oct 8th, 2001 06:04 PM

Where: Chicago, born and raised, tho moving to Florida in a few months - too cold here burrrr <BR>Age: 31, single, dental hygienist <BR>Hobbies: scuba diving and traveling as often as possible also giving advice on this forum for the places I've been <BR>Loves: southern food and animals <BR>Dislikes: slow drivers and stupid drivers