Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Fodorite of the Year Judy In Calgary (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/fodorite-of-the-year-judy-in-calgary-646850/)

irecommend Sep 15th, 2006 06:24 PM

Fodorite of the Year Judy In Calgary

Ive read loads of posts and love the way everyone gives lots of info but no one has impressed me as much as Judy_in_Calgary on the Canadian forum. Ive never seen anyone put such enthusiasm and energy as well as excellent travel advice put into any post on any forum. What do you think. Does she deserve a salary from Fodors.

irecommend Sep 15th, 2006 06:25 PM

Oh and this is not an ad!! I know someone is going to say that. LOL

starrsville Sep 15th, 2006 06:43 PM

Did you mean to post this on the US board? I've never read Judy - but I'm rarely on the Canada board. Maybe we should check her out.

irecommend Sep 15th, 2006 07:15 PM

Yes I meant to post on any board. If you check her out you will see that she provides more info than just about anybody on any board with really vital and thorough information. Just what this site is all about. She must just love it. Not just the social part.

starrsville Sep 15th, 2006 07:50 PM

Allrighty then.

TxTravelPro Sep 15th, 2006 07:54 PM

Odd post. I have not had much luck with the Canada board. Very slow responses, not to say that the few that do respond are not helpful.
The US board is loaded with "Fodorites of the Year". It would be impossible to pick just one!

ronkala Sep 16th, 2006 06:01 AM

Judy's information on the Canada board was very helpful in planning our trip to Alberta and BC last year. She is to that board what Utahtea is to this one for national park and other information..

starrsville Sep 16th, 2006 06:21 AM

Utahtea I love! She is indeed Queen of the West.

irecommend, I hope you thanked Judy on the board she frequents. Comments here (on the US board) while nice, seem a bit misplaced.

A bit like saying I am impressed with XYX on the Asia board or ABC on the Africa board. I'm sure there are great Fodorites there. I just don't know anything about them because I'm not planning a trip to either.

In any case, I'll lift a toast to Judy tonight :-)

Neopolitan Sep 16th, 2006 06:21 AM

I haven't looked at the Canada board in a year or so myself, but Judy was sure a fountain of information a couple years ago when planning a trip through Western Canada.

Dukey Sep 16th, 2006 06:37 AM

I found Judy's advice very helpful when I was planning a trip to Vancouver earlier this year. She is extremely knowledgeable and also gives rationale for her replies rather than the "XXX is the obvious choice" we sometimes see elsewhere.

I can only begin to imagine the self-destructive elements that might be unleashed were Fodors ever to have an "official" Fodorite of the Year contest...Paula Abduhl are you listening?

wouldlovetogo Sep 17th, 2006 03:40 PM

LOL! Oh yes Im sure many would love to think that they should be the Fodor Idol. And the knashing and scratching between posters that goes on here sometimes could make for some interesting entertainment.
But really, I looked at Judy's post and they are amazing and tireless. My votes for Judy!