flying to Disneyland

Feb 7th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

flying to Disneyland

Just wondering what airport would be most convenient when traveling to Disneyland. I will assume LAX, but wouldn't mind avoiding that if someone has a better idea. Also, we hope to avoid renting a car and would like to use some kind of shuttle service. Any tips?
Thanks!
Feb 7th, 2007, 07:16 AM

Hi Hay,

John Wayne Airport, or also known as Santa Ana Airport in Orange County is the nearest airport. Usually more expensive to fly in to however.

There is an Airport Express bus that goes between both SNA and LAX and the Disneyland Hotel, as well as stops at a couple of other major Anaheim hotels near to Disneyland. Last I used them, it was about $30 per person roundtrip.

You might also want to check into one of the airport van shuttle companies if you have a family group. Might be easier and cheaper to go that way.

Have fun!
Feb 7th, 2007, 08:37 AM

I just got back from a convention next to Disneyland. LAX was the cheapest flight from my state. Keep in mind it's about a 45 minute shuttle drive. Most of the hotels have shuttles to Disney and you will probably find some bus tours to other places you would enjoy. (One time we went to Universal Studios etc.) What was very disconcerting when arriving at LAX is that the best/cheapest shuttle to use is the Super Shuttle ($15 one way) but even cheaper is you have some sort of coupon deal (I'm going again for another convention which has arranged a coupon for $12). However, to get the Super Shuttle you need to go to a different place on the median strip outside baggage claim. I didn't realize that and stood under long distance vans. Other people were waiting for the Disney bus which runs hourly and had a coupon they had gotten on some website for a $16 ride. Most of the vans at this location were charging $19 one way. I got nervous about this van but fortunately we picked up someone I knew. The drivers needed our hotel addresses yet still had trouble finding the hotels (picture a van full of people yelling at the driver to stop but he still overshoots the entrance). We got pretty nervous when the driver and his helper didn't seem to be familiar with the Disney area and Convention Way. Our luggage was thrown in the back without any effort to keep it organized. My heavy suitcase was on top of my canvas carryon.I have to attend another convention later this year and I will make sure I use Super Shuttle and go to the correct area on the median strip.

Search this Thread