I would like to rent a cottage/house for Feb or March in the Florida Keys if not too late. Maybe 3-4 weeks. Time and length of trip flexible. But if it is too late this year, maybe I can xfer this info to next year. My husband may go and stay a while, and then I'll have friends (1 or 2 at a time) coming and going. In a perfect world, that is.
1. I like to kayak, bike, and do some hiking and I can lay on the beach with the best of them. I am a snorkel snob, (all over the Carib and Central America) so I will go to Pennekamp SP but am not going on this trip for that reason. I am cold and would like to be warm-ish, to have a nice-ish beach and pretty water. I am familiar with the Keys a little--spent a week camping in a trailer on Big Pine Key (nice!) and I then went all the way to Key West for a day, so no need to do that again--unless you insist otherwise!
2. I don't require night life. I don't like loud drunken people. It's nice to have a nearby restaurant and I would like a place to get fresh seafood and to be able to cook most meals, so a supermarket would be nice. A small town vibe with funky coffee shops, books stores, etc is fun to me.
I'm more of a nature girl than night-life girl, so any advice would be appreciated. Flying in From Richmond, VA I guess to MIA. So maybe upper keys?
I have a budget of $3000 for the month. More or less. NO KIDS NO PETS--fancy free! I would truly like a real cottage/house vs a condo, and I'd like a couple of bedrooms and at least 1.5 baths, but all is negotiable for the opportunity TO BE WARM-ish!
I really would be more interested in a pretty place (ie nature wise walking right out to even a teeny beach and pretty water and trees) versus amenties like golf, spa etc. Thanks and I hope I've provided enuf info for input.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AOL MAIL 1:844:3O7:279O pASSWORD RESET AOL Tec*h CONTACTrk
- 2 AOL ☎Email Password Reset Contact ☎1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h care By Yes☎!
- 3 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 4 Traveling with a small budget
- 5 I'm Lee Hnetinka, What are the best places in Tampa, Florida?
- 6 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 7 Las Vegas TR
- 8 10 day California Trip in July
- 9 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 10 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 11 Newport Beach restaurants
- 12 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 13 NY theater district restaurant
- 14 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 15 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 16 girls trip / oregon
- 17 Vegas in February
- 18 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 19 I need help
- 20 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 21 A Few days in Museums
- 22 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 23 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 24 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 25 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions