Reload this Page >

Florida Keys - Who has the Best Bouillabaisse

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 11:09 AM
Dianne Christy

Does any one have an opinion on which restaurant serves the best Bouillabaisse in the Upper Keys. I noticed a lot of restuarants in the Keys serve it, and it is my husband's favorite dish. Since it is usually quite expensive, I am looking to see who serves the best in the reader's opinion. Thanks for all you advise on the other restuarants. Dianne

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 01:52 PM
George

Might have better luck asking the question on www.chowhound.com . Go to the Florida board and give it a shot.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 09:32 PM
Patrick

As a south Florida resident for over 25 years I'm racking my brain trying to remember seeing bouillabisse on much of any menu. Forget that and go for the true Keys specialy -- conch chowder -- a spicy tomato based blend of conch and spices.

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 10:27 AM
susan

I used the search engine google.com and several restaurants popped up that serve bouillabaisse (Sundowners in Key Largo and Squid Row at MM82 to name two), but I don't have any first-hand information about their quality.

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 06:41 PM

for dianne

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 03:07 AM
Karen

We ate at A & B Lobster House in Key West week before last. They had bouillabaisse on the menu. While we didn't try that, we did have their truly delicious oyster and clam chowders and pan roasts. If the bouillabaisse is as good as these other soups, it will be very good!