Florida Keys

May 6th, 2002, 03:19 AM
Dean

Florida Keys

Hello all. New - just found this site this morning.

I'm looking for suggestions for locating a 5 bedroom house to rent for the holidays (Dec 21-28) this year for a family get together in the Keys (preferably MM 50 -MM 80 range).

Thanks for any replys or experiences you may have.

Regards,

Dean

May 6th, 2002, 05:20 AM
Larry

Dean: I would get on an internet search engine and browse through the many keys rental agencies that will pop up, and make some phone calls. But since you probably were going to tdo that anyway I suggest doing this ASAP as 1) short-term rentals are illegal in many parts of the Keys; and 2)people who keep rental property in the Keys often use the places themselves during holidays (like Christmas!). It's not that I don't think anything will be available I'm just stressing you should not put off making some calls to rental professionals down in the Keys.

May 6th, 2002, 05:30 AM
Cammie

Dean,
We rented a rather large house (only 4 bedroom though) through Duck Key Realty. They're on the net, but I'm not sure of the url. As you might guess, they specialize in houses on Duck Key which is between Islamorada and Marathon, just off the ocean side of the highway. I just checked and it's at MM 61. Most of the houses on Duck Key are rather large, so I thought this might be a good place to start. Happy Hunting!
Cammie

Search this Thread