Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Florida..Honeymoon (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/florida-honeymoon-168249/)

Becka Jan 16th, 2003 05:19 AM

Florida..Honeymoon

Hey..any suggestions for a nice beach, maybe some fun times?? Second week of June.<BR>Key West is out, as its Gay Pride week.<BR>Good hotels, shopping and within a budget :)

xxx Jan 16th, 2003 05:41 AM

June is nice and becoming very warm in Florida. It also begins the rainy season. Mostly just showers then the sun shines brightly. Maybe you can try Longport Keys or Siesta Beach. Some of the finest beaches in Florida. There is also a place called Armands Circle for nice restaurants and shopping. Try doing a search on Google or flausa.com and it will bring you up loads of info on some of these areas you may not have thought of as of yet. It will be fun searching some of them out. Good Luck.

Stop Jan 16th, 2003 06:14 AM

Becka, you posted this question 4 days ago! Please stop re-posting the same question!

deskclerk Jan 16th, 2003 06:19 AM

I am positive that straights are still welcomed during Gay Pride Week, or any other time. Rooms might be a little scarce though. Why do you feel you have to tell us WHY you are visiting Florida? (&quot;Florida..Honeymoon&quot;) No one posts &quot;North Carolina..daughters graduation&quot;.

x Jan 16th, 2003 06:26 AM

Actually, the Nellie Patrol has a booth set up on US1 right outside Key West. Unless you are a card carrying homosexual, you are not allowed in Key West that week. Fines for impersonating a gay are steep. Don't do it. Heterosexuals ARE NOT allowed in Key West during pride week.

me Jan 16th, 2003 06:40 AM

Lighten up losers. I'm not a homophobe, but I wouldn't want my honeymoon memories to consist of gay pride week either.<BR><BR>Amelia Island near Jacksonville is nice. They have some great resorts on the beach, antique shops in town, some good bike trails, great beaches and horseback riding on the beach.<BR><BR>Palm Beach is also nice, with the Breakers Hotel right on the beach. The Jupiter Resort just north of Palm Beach about 20 minutes is also worth a look. Either provides miles of scarcely populated beaches and good restaurants nearby.<BR><BR>As for the keys, Key West is not the only key. There are resorts on several others. The are around John Pennekamp State Park is very nice and the snorkeling tours there are superior to Key West.<BR><BR>Good luck...

x Jan 16th, 2003 06:56 AM

Stay out of Key West during Pride Week. You may end up the victom of a random act of accessorizing. Or even worse, a drive by make over.<BR><BR>Stay out and keep your children near. It's catching you know.

ST Jan 16th, 2003 07:12 AM

HA! drive by makeover!

Ann Jan 16th, 2003 07:16 AM

I unwittingly scheduled a trip to Key West during Gay Pride Week. When I found out about it, I thought the place would be packed and just a big mess. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong.<BR><BR>We didn't even see any events going on. It was as though nothing out of the ordinary was happening.<BR><BR>Key West is a great, but not if you're looking for a nice beach.

Miggly Jan 16th, 2003 07:19 AM

I suppose if you were asking for information about a place to hold a &quot;daughters graduation&quot; you would include it in the post. <BR>Hence, including the term &quot;Honeymoon&quot; to receive info relating to that subject.

deskclerk Jan 16th, 2003 07:21 AM

I didn't mean to get the thread going in this direction. One of my 3 kids is gay. I do not feel anymore threatened around them than I would a convention of engineers or Mary Kay reps. I don't especially like having to watch public acts of (over-)affection no matter what the gender of the particpants are, but would not let that stop me from visiting a place I thought I'd like to visit. (x: your posts were funny)