Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sjc Car Rental
- 2 Key Largo worth a day trip from Florida City/Miami area??
- 3 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 4 Family winter holiday
- 5 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 6 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 7 Trip to Cali
- 8 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 9 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 10 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 11 4 days in San Diego
- 12 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 13 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 14 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 15 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 16 NY theater district restaurant
- 17 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 18 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 19 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 20 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 21 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 22 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 23 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 24 Big Sur weather in early December
- 25 PAC coast highway Oregon