Florida & The Florida Keys

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning a trip to Cape Canaveral and the Florida Keys this summer. We have a hotel in Cocoa Beach where we will be staying while visiting Cape Canaveral. My question is, what part of the Keys would you reccommend for a family with 2 teenagers? We would like to find a nice beach to visit in the Keys also. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Any info on the Cocoa Beach area would be appreciated too.
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:33 AM

The beaches along the Atlantic near Cocoa are some of the better beaches. Visit the Canaveral National Seashore near Titusville, just a few miles north of Cocoa. There are several other nice public beaches along A1A south of where you are going to be staying. In the Keys consider Bahia Honda State Park.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/bahiahonda/

http://www.nps.gov/cana/
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:30 AM

"nice beach" and the keys don't go together! Since the keys are coral, all beaches there are man-made and most are tiny. Key West would be the most fun for teens since it has lots of tourist activities (and for parents, fabulous restaurants). Key West is a 4 hour drive from Miami, though...not sure if that would affect your plans.
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I went to the link for the state park and none of the cabins were available during the time we would be down there. They sounded great though, 2 bedrooms, kitchen dining area and a bath for around 136.00 including tax! We definitely want to go there though it looks beautiful.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 04:09 PM

We did this when I was probably 15 (granted, that was almost 15 years ago, and Key West has changed a lot since then), but the entire family had a great time with the whole road trip once we hit the Keys. Snorkeling at John Pennecamp (the first time for the whole family) was one of the coolest things I'd ever done.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 06:41 PM

Definately Key West, but don't expect beaches. Pick a hotel that has a pool and enjoy the food and the great time.