I am currently in Hawaii, just finishing a work week and about to start a vacation week, which I am very much looking forward to. I've been stationed in Honolulu, but will be flying to Big Island two days from now. I have received a lot of kind and useful information from people on the forum regarding my trip, a few months ago, but would like to reiterate on those, considering eventual seasonal specificities that I may not have taken into account at the time.
I will arrive at Hilo around lunch time and already have booked lodging and car for the time of my stay, which will be pretty much one afternoon plus one full day and a few hours in the next morning, before going to the airport. I know it's really short but I am trying to do as much as possible. The main reason for this trip is to visit Volcanoes park, but I was trying to see some of the Hilo coast and surroundings. I am not a great hiker, so about Volcanoes, I would like to see the most beautiful vistas and if possible see the flowing lava (if it's running), so would I need a full day for that? I assume that's probably the case, in which case I would like to ask if you would suggest a "streamline" itinerary that could allow me to check some of the highlights around Hilo.
Again, I can't thank everyone enough for your suggestions. This forum has been priceless in helping me plan my trip.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~8OO~681:7208 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.☎OK*
- 2 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 3 Hotel/Resort Babysitting Services - Have you used them or would you?
- 4 I need help
- 5 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 6 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season
- 7 A Few days in Museums
- 8 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 9 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 10 travelling from Miami to New York
- 11 Las Vegas TR
- 12 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 13 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 14 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 15 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 16 First time in the United States
- 17 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 18 3 days San Francisco
- 19 Vacations in New Orleans
- 20 Hawaii instead of Oaxaca, but where?
- 21 Must-See Louis Vuitton Exhibit Downtown
- 22 Base Lodging in New Hampshire and Vermont
- 23 natchez accommodation
- 24 NYC NYE on a budget HELP please
- 25 Road Trip - DC to Miami in 2-3 days - need help