Search

Flagstaff, AZ - Recs for car service and day spa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2020, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flagstaff, AZ - Recs for car service and day spa

Can any Fodorites recommend :
1. A car service in Flagstaff, AZ? I want to hire car service for the day so my mom won't have to do any driving on a day out while on vacation. Not a limo, just a nice sedan with a reliable company.

2. A good day spa--again, for my mom to have a nice day out while on vacation. I am aware that the real place for these types of services would be Sedona but that won't work for the trip so recs in Flagstaff would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Jan 10th, 2020, 11:28 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
As you've alluded to, Flagstaff is not exactly a car service/spa sort of town, more cowboy/backpacker/student. I lived there for most of a year several years ago. I suggest you contact your mother's accommodation and ask the questions. It may come down to arranging a taxi or Uber-type for a day & maybe a day trip to Sedona, not far & a beautiful drive through Oak Creek Canyon.
Old Jan 10th, 2020, 01:02 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
Here's a car service -
Flagstaff Private Car Service and Tours LLC. | Sedans & SUVs | Serving Flagstaff, AZ ? (928) 264-1548
It has excellent reviews on Google (twenty 5 star reviews)

What a nice thing to do!
Old Jan 10th, 2020, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

She's actually in an Air BnB outside of Flagstaff, hence why Sedona won't work (too long of a drive) and why I am looking for input here rather than a hotel desk or concierge.

Thanks for the suggestion, Starrs, I am going to call them Monday.
Old Jan 10th, 2020, 03:26 PM

Your mom might enjoy seeing the Riordan Mansion on her day out & about, interesting & not real time-consuming.

https://azstateparks.com/riordan-mansion/
Old Jan 10th, 2020, 05:45 PM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MmePerdu
Your mom might enjoy seeing the Riordan Mansion on her day out & about, interesting & not real time-consuming.

https://azstateparks.com/riordan-mansion/
The tours leave on the hour from the visitor center/gift shop. We visited in November. Worth the price of admission IMO. The Riordan brothers were married to sisters. The two homes are connected with a commons.
They were the founders/owners of the Arizona Timber and Lumber Company. They also founded the school which became Northern Arizona University.
We also enjoyed visiting the Lowell Observatory on top of Mars Hill.
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the Riordan Mansion suggestion and endoresement--that looks terrific!

I am awaiting the quote from the car company as I type. Looks like this will work out, even if it isn't all that fancy!
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

All set. The car company quoted for a BMW small SUV for the day and then she's scheduled for a half day of pampering at a local day spa. I'll send her on her adventure with the suggestion for Riordan Mansion and a place to go for lunch (I'd welcome your all's thoughts on a cute lunch spot as well!). Thanks, all.
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 01:07 PM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
DW and I ate breakfast at Mike & Ronda's "The Place". The food was good and the place was busy. There is a Chic-fil-a near the corner of Riordan and South Milton not far from the Riordan mansion.
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 02:30 PM

I think one of, if not the best restaurant in Flagstaff is Josephines. https://www.josephinesrestaurant.com
Flagstaff is not a dress-up kind of town so your mom need not worry about dressing comfortably even in the best place.

Last edited by MmePerdu; Jan 16th, 2020 at 02:32 PM.
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 05:10 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by schlegal1
All set. The car company quoted for a BMW small SUV for the day and then she's scheduled for a half day of pampering at a local day spa. I'll send her on her adventure with the suggestion for Riordan Mansion and a place to go for lunch (I'd welcome your all's thoughts on a cute lunch spot as well!). Thanks, all.
What a nice plan! She'll feel pampered indeed!