Notices

Fisher Island Club Miami

Jan 28th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Original Poster

Fisher Island Club Miami

Hi all,
Has anyone stayed at the Fisher Island Club? I am considering this listing on vrbo (#282089 if link doesn't work):
http://www.vrbo.com/282089
It looks beautiful and they claim the island is very safe and family friendly. I am looking for somewhere low key to hang out with my 2.5 year old daughter while my husband attends a conference on South Beach. Thanks for any feedback!
Jan 28th, 2014, 10:49 AM

It's definitely low-key. I'm not sure how family-friendly I'd consider the resort, however. Did you read the article that appeared in the NY Times in 2012? It was very interesting and pointed out some of both the positives and negatives ("Paradise Lost: A Mother-Daughter Spring Break").

If it were me, I'd choose one of the more family-friendly condo-style resorts in North Miami Beach or Sunny Isles Beach.
Jan 28th, 2014, 11:45 AM

I agree with Mr. Stallings. I don't quite understand what "family friendly" actually means to you, beckytx. Are you worried that your child is going to see something that is objectionable or that there might be other people around to whom you might object?
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Family friendly can mean there are playgrounds/parks and fun things to do nearby, there is some kid friendly food available and its not looked down upon in general to take children there. Seeing anything objectionable didn't cross my mind.

Thanks Doug! I will look for that article, sounds interesting.

Search this Thread