Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > First Timers to Vegas going for 2 nights with some questions
Notices

First Timers to Vegas going for 2 nights with some questions

Mar 19th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Original Poster

First Timers to Vegas going for 2 nights with some questions

Hi
we are in our 50's going to Zion and Bryce for 3 nights and then coming to Vegas for 2. We like to gamble a little but are not big drinkers, have traveled to Europe and many other places in the US but never made here till now.

any 'musts' that we should make sure we do? - thinking of going to Hoover dam for a day trip but wondered if that would be a hassle (we will have spent 3 nights in national parks before vegas)

also what about hotels? should we spend the $600 for 2 nights for the bellagio or venetion? or just about $300 for 2 nights at Paris or NY,NY. - should we make sure we get a strip view for our hotel room?

any great places to eat/see? don't like to get ripped off but like to enjoy.

thanks.
Mar 19th, 2013, 04:46 PM

Bellagio is my first choice. A view of the strip is nice, especially at night when it's all lit up. If you decide to see one of the Cirque du Soliel shows, you can buy tickets at kiosks on the strip for about half off. Buying them at the hotel will be full price. Don't worry about seating as the theaters are designed for the show so there isn't really a bad seat. Sitting too close to the stage is probably the least desirable.

Madame Tussaud's is good.

I went to Hoover Dam and found it and its history interesting. Not a deal breaker, go if you feel you have time. You can spend your two nights on the strip without running out of things to do -not even including drinking or gambling. There's so much just with shopping, shows, restaurants, and just looking at everything.

Look online to the various hotels to see what other shows are going on too. Bring comfy shoes - you'll walk A LOT! Vegas is fun. Have a good trip.
Mar 19th, 2013, 04:47 PM

I didn't see this question was posted twice. Will copy my answer to the other thread that others have posted on.

Search this Thread