Reload this Page >

First time to NY at The Manhattan Club

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2001, 06:17 PM
Boom

My husband and I are planning our first trip to NY for a week in November. We're going to stay at the Manhattan Club on W. 56th ST for 7 days. Does anyone have any feedback about this club and its location. I need suggestion on transportation too. Our plan is to stay and tour the city for a few days. We also want to go to Niagara fall (just a day trip), and Boston as well. We're not sure if we should do a weekly car rental or just rent the days we want to go out of town. Is there any other transportation like train to go to Boston and Niagara Fall? Are they very costly? What would be the best way to do this? We may also have 4 other friends joining our trip too.
Thank you....
Boom

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 04:31 AM
Joan

what a coincidence. I'll be staying at the Manahattan Club too from 16-23 June. Will keep U posted of the club when we return.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 04:40 AM
Mike

You can take Amtrak to boston but I'm guessing it will cost about as much as a plane ticket since it's around $40 each way from Bridgeport, CT. I would say do a daily car rental since it's not appropraite to keep a car in Manhattan.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 05:53 AM
Howard

You had better rethink your plans. There's no way you can take a day trip from NYC to either Niagara Falls or Boston. Boston is 3 1/2-4 hours away by car, while Niagara Falls is considerably farther away. Even if you go by plane to Boston (about an hour each way, plus travel time to/from the airports), it's not practical for a day.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 07:07 AM
boom

Thank you for the feedback. And for Joan, I'm looking forward to hearing from you about your New York trip at Manhattan Club.
Boom

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 08:07 AM
JoAnn

Check out their web site at:
http://www.manhattanclub.com/
This also is a timeshare and gets excellent reviews on Timeshare Users Group BBS (reviews for members only). If you own a timeshare I suggest you go to WWW.TUG2.NET. It's a BBS that is run by t/s owners--not the resorts or developers. The pictures of The Manhattan Club are gorgeous. Feel free to use my name as a reference if you want to join tug.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 04:37 PM
Boom

Thank you for your response. I'm new to timeshare. This is the second time I'm trading through my RCI member. Has anyone else ever stayed here and have any more things to share. I'll be very appreciated any suggestions. thank you

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 06:20 PM
Hucksters

You're still being watched JoAnn.

It's VERY obvious that you chime in EVERY time a timeshare question comes up and try to get people to put your name in as a reference so you can GET PAID!!
That's illegal at this site!
Stop USING unsuspecting readers here for your OWN SELFISH GAIN!

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 11:56 AM
boom

Anyone else have any other more info???

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 02:07 PM
mon

There was an internet special for a two night stay at the Manhattan Club last year. When we arrived we were invited to tour the facilities in case we might be interested in a timeshare. We declined and absolutely no pressure was put upon us.

It was a great place for the price. Microwave, fax, free access to the internet on the same floor as the exercise facility.

Location was great - about a half block or block from Carengie Hall. Also, staff was nice and most helpful. I wish we could get the same rate for a full week. You'll enjoy your stay there!

You can get a MetroPass (??) for $17.00. It'g good for a week on the subways and busses - a real bargain.

I also don't see how a daytrip to Boston would work. And Niagra Falls is near Buffalo - completely accross the state.

We took Amtrak to Philadelphia (about and hour and a half) but only to see our beloved Cardinals beat the Phillies on a Sunday afternoon and still had plenty of time Sunday evening back in NYC to do a variety of things. But we really didn't see any of the Philadelphia sites.

I'm sure you'll be glad you're staying at The Manhattan Club.

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 03:17 PM
Patick

Friends of mine own a timeshare there and we visited them in their room a couple of weeks ago. Supposedly there were to be four of them, but two couldn't make it. Good thing. The whole thing was the size of a rather typical hotel room (but because it is sort of L shaped, they call it an apartment) and the extra two were to have slept on the sleeper sofa. There was virtually no closet space and no drawer space so they tripped over their luggage (just the two of them, remember) for the whole week. They have been there before and had a better room and complained about this one, but they were told that was all that was available even though they are "owners" for that week at that property. All I know is that for what they pay for their one week, they could have had a lot better hotel without the timeshare strings attached.The good news is the location is wonderful!

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 08:01 PM
boom

Thank you for the info for the manhattan club. It's very informative. We at least very glad to hear that the location is good. We really appreciated it.. boom