First Time To Hawaii

Search

First Time To Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Time To Hawaii

Could anyone offer some feedback on the Waikiki Marriot? I'm planning my 2nd anniversary for April.

Also, Is this too early in advance to book my trip? Do you think the rates will drop in the next month or so?

Old Jan 5th, 2007, 06:55 PM

Well, unless you are booking some sort of non-refundable rate at the Marriott, you can always book it now and just watch to see if the rate drops and then update it.

April - not too far in advance. Make a reservation now - you probably can cancel within 72 hours if you guarantee with a CC for no fee, right?

I stayed across the street from the Marriott in December; I could see their balconies from mine. It's one block from the beach, a pretty nice area at the south part of Waikiki. I was quite happy being able to go for a morning swim in the ocean so conveniently. Perhaps some would prefer to be closer to the center of Waikiki, I dunno, but I thought this part was fine.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 07:13 PM

Excellent hotel -- nice swimming pool up on the roof with plenty of room to lounge, outdoor full-service bar and restaurant there, too. For dinner, DK's is on the same level (great steakhouse, or choose the sushi side of the restaurant). Many rooms have oceanviews; you'll be right across the street from the beach.

Book it now -- you can always change it later, if you choose.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 08:48 PM

I agree--very good hotel. Nice 2nd floor bar overlooking the water. It's across the beach so it's not "beachfront," but still a good location.

Tiki's Bar & Grill across the street is also a nice place to eat & drink!
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Cracker

I agree with the others. Very nice hotel. We are thinking of staying there 2 nights in March. When we stayed there in 2005, we were fortunate to get a partial ocean view with a great view of Diamond Head and the park where the Waikiki Shell is located.

Congrats on 2 years.

Old Jan 8th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanx for all of the feedback. And the congrats on the 2 years.