My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 2 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 3 NASHVILLE
- 4 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 5 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 6 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 7 Muir Woods - new rules
- 8 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 9 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 10 4 days in San Diego
- 11 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 12 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 13 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 14 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 15 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 16 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 17 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 18 Family winter holiday
- 19 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 20 Galveston
- 21 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 22 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 23 Ski trip in Park City, UT – where to stay
- 24 Train Journey, SFO to SEA
- 25 Padre Islands