Notices

Ferry over from MI to Camp - ideas??

Aug 21st, 1998, 08:14 AM
Amy

Ferry over from MI to Camp - ideas??

I would like to plan a fall camping trip in Wisconsin. I live in Michigan and know that there is a ferry that leaves from Ludington (?) to Wi (?). I don't know what city it arrives in and I would like to know about some scenic camping spots in the area. After the long ferry ride I'd like to get to the campsite within a few hours drive. I've checked out some state parks on the web (i.e., Potawatomi, Peninsula, Rock Island, Newport SP) but they don't tell you much. Does anyone have a favorite state park? The sites can be as rustic as possible - we are "backpack only" campers. Thanks!!

Aug 21st, 1998, 07:37 PM
raeona

Hi Amy! That ferry trip is quite nice. It gets into Manitowoc; from there, the state parks you mention (in Door County Wisconsin), are a 2-3 hour drive. Newport is the one that's right up your alley...a beautiful park, on the shores of L. Michigan, w/b.p. camping only. But w/e's are pretty well booked. Be happy to answer more ?'s -- pls e-m me, if you like (my spouse works at N'port). Also check out the Door County Chamber page....

Aug 21st, 1998, 07:37 PM
raeona

Hi Amy! That ferry trip is quite nice. It gets into Manitowoc; from there, the state parks you mention (in Door County Wisconsin), are a 2-3 hour drive. Newport is the one that's right up your alley...a beautiful park, on the shores of L. Michigan, w/b.p. camping only. But w/e's are pretty well booked. Be happy to answer more ?'s -- pls e-m me, if you like (my spouse works at N'port). Also check out the Door County Chamber page....

Search this Thread