Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   FEMALE TURNING "40" (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/female-turning-40-a-460370/)

jpher Jul 16th, 2004 09:04 PM

FEMALE TURNING "40"

Well this is the year and I want to do something different or unique and of course inexpensive.Any ideas that will feel like I have knocked ten years off of my life?

sart29 Jul 16th, 2004 10:07 PM

I'm skydiving for my 50th.
For my 40th I went to England with a group of WWII vets for a reunion of my uncle's squadron. There's nothing like spending a week with people twice your age to make you feel young and spry.

dcespedes Jul 17th, 2004 04:28 AM

For my 40th I went ice skating which, who would have guessed, led to a passion for figure skating. Now, I skate 5-6 hours a week and will leave soon for an adult training "camp" at the Sports Complex in Salt Lake City. Wish I had discovered this at 4 instead of 40 but late than never! By the way, 40 rocks! Hope you enjoy a very happy birthday whatever you decide to do. :O)

dcespedes Jul 17th, 2004 04:29 AM

...I'm sorry but the clown was supposed to be a birthday cake....I have icon issues :-D

Scarlett Jul 17th, 2004 06:41 AM

dcespedes, I thought it was a Happy Birthday Clown!
You will overcome the icon issues as long as you constantly use them :D
((F))((F))((F))
Scarlett

pegelicious Jul 17th, 2004 07:00 AM

jpher, a topic near and dear to my heart! My "event" is next spring and I've already been thinking about it. A lot--lol! As for taking 10 years off, the best answer I've come up with so far is: a 30 year old guy!
Very interested in all the replies, particularly for a single gal travelling alone. I went skydiving for my 35th and what a rush!! You'll never forget it.

jpher Jul 17th, 2004 07:29 AM

30 year old sounds great! Only one problem.... I'm married. Might look into the skydiving if I can talk my friend into it[ who also is turning 40]

jpher Jul 17th, 2004 07:35 AM

maybe I'll look up Ashton Kutcher. It seems to be the thing to do nowadays

dcespedes Jul 17th, 2004 02:36 PM

Thank you, Scarlett!! :)>-

Rosemary1 Jul 17th, 2004 03:05 PM

I had the "pleasure-?" almost 2 years ago and had a great time.

Went to Destin, FL (one of my favorites) and rented a condo on the beach for a week. Sheer heaven!

Fun restaurants, harbor cruises, jet skis for 2 days, etc.

Best of all walking the beach for hours at a time! A favorite since childhood.

No, actually, best of all was husband tracing "I Love You R.." in the sand at 4am in huge letters, so I'd see it from our balcony first thing in the morning. (Funny thing was I couldn't sleep and wondered where he was, so I went to the balcony (there he was at the beach, so I watched him write it in the sand from the balcony) :) Very special memory.

Happy Birthday!!!!

Make it great with something you truly enjoy!