Reload this Page >

February vacation with kids in New England

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 10:16 AM
andi

I live in the Boston area and am looking for someplace to go that is driving distance from home with kids during February vacation. They are 12-year-old girl, 8-year-old boy. Don't want to spend a ton (if I did, I'd go someplace warm - I hate winter).

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 01:12 PM
xxx

Does your family enjoy skiing? You ought to tell us what sort of destination/activities you have in mind and I'm sure you'll get some good suggestions.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 02:26 PM
Beth

Skiing is expensive, so I won't go that route. (But if I did, I'd recommend Sunday River in Bethel, Maine!) What about a nice resort in off-season Maine/Cape Code/Newport that has an indoor pool? Something close to museums, theatres, and maybe a spa treatment for Mom.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 06:44 PM
andi

We don't ski, and I'd just as soon not even venture outside in the winter. But I would go ice skating, and I like the idea of an off-season resort, e.g. on the cape or in Newport. Will definitely check some out. Thanks.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 02:42 AM
###

A lot of places such as Jackson NH, Stowe Vt hold week long winter carnivals. Perhaps this might be worth looking into, lots of events for kids and adults. If you can't avoid the cold why not make the most of it?
For info
www.jacksonnh.com
www.gostowe.com