Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   February Trip with Toddlers (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/february-trip-with-toddlers-555013/)

dee7 Aug 29th, 2005 06:44 AM

February Trip with Toddlers

hi everyone,
I am planning way ahead but am looking for a destination for a February trip with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. We pretty much just need easy beach-front access, a toddler-friendly pool, and warm weather.
I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Incognito Aug 29th, 2005 06:54 AM

Are you going to fly or drive? From where? Florida seems a place to go. Dee, we need to know more

dee7 Aug 29th, 2005 08:45 AM

We're flying from NYC--we are flexible on destination in Fla. Just wondering where will be warm enough in February and child-friendly.

hillpetro Sep 17th, 2005 11:44 AM

We are doing the same in Oct and are going to Sanibel, cant comment now but it looks ncie

BetsyG Sep 17th, 2005 05:22 PM

I would look at packages to the Caribbean or Mexico, direct flights if possible. Having 2 rooms or a condo would be nice for naps. Look in your newspaper.

Scarlett Sep 17th, 2005 05:31 PM

We took our to the islands when they were young, for Jan or Feb breaks.
At the time, Jamaica was good, we rented a villa.
St Martin is good ( we stayed on the French side)
Cancun might be good, although I might worry about babys and the water in Mexico.
Sanibel is not always very warm, we have been there in March and it has been too cold to go on the beach.
You will certainly have your hands full but it sounds great :) I loved taking my babies to the beach.

gail Sep 18th, 2005 07:55 AM

If you go to Florida, it must be very southern FLorida for any hope of warmth - at least FLL or Fort Meyers.

If you go to Caribbean, check passport requirments in advance and carefully - many places that did not require a passport in the past will be requiring one in near future. So allow enough time to get passports for kids, which can be a pain since they need to be present with parents, etc. for application.

hillpetro Nov 24th, 2009 12:29 PM

Sundial resort on Sanibel ISland, 40 mins from RSW Ft Myers airport. SOOO kid friendly. Small pools for quiet swim, big pools for big fun loud swimming. Grilled cheese served by pool. Bike tracks everywhere on the island, bike places deliver bikes and trailer/seats for toddlers/babies right to your condo. Shells galore for colelcting on lovely beach right by condo. If you go through the resort hotel they wont guarantee you a particular floor if you want or need that (you mgiht want a top floor with no noise above or a ground floor so no stairs). If you want to control which condo, use Royal Shell vacations or look on vrbo.com, lots of options. The East half of the resort is the one with the owned properties that the owners rent out via an agency and on websites...www.sundialeast.com has a map of that half od the property. We've been back every year since our oldest was 1, he's now 6. Not high end, so don't expect Ritz Carlton but reliable, very user friendly and delightful for the kids. the RSW airport also has the rental cars right there so no shuttle bus with little ones nonsense to get to the rental place. On the island, the Bubbel Room restaurant has trains going round the restaurant at eye level and the kids love it. Get there early though for lunch, 11.30//45 before the crowds. Other choice would be the Jamaica reorts Pebbesla dn Franklyn D. Resorts - each room comes with a nanny. Havent been but it sounds wondrous

OceanBreeze1 Nov 24th, 2009 03:28 PM

OP posted over 4 years ago! How do these old post get topped?

Dayenu Nov 24th, 2009 03:34 PM

And topped by a poster who registered in 2005, makes you wonder :)