Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Favorite coastal GA/ SC restaurants (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/favorite-coastal-ga-sc-restaurants-620262/)

starrsville Jun 2nd, 2006 05:26 AM

Favorite coastal GA/ SC restaurants

A couple of threads have inspired me, so I'm going to take a business trip one week this summer traveling from Amelia Island area to Myrtle Beach (and then circling back "home" via inland routes.

What are your favorite good, casual, waterfront or near the coast restaurants along the lowcountry coast?

Price really doesn't matter. Fresh seafood would probably be my first choice, but interested in any options.

starrsville Jun 2nd, 2006 05:27 AM

Obviously, with a week to travel approximately 6 hours en route, I'll be stopping to visit customers all around the area. Looking forward to finding out about Fodorite favorites!

And, toss in favorite hotel/motels in here too if you want.

GoTravel Jun 2nd, 2006 05:47 AM

Shem Creek: RB's

Mt. Pleasant: Jack's Cosmic Dogs

McClellanville: that restaurant on thr left across from the waterfront (I can't remember the name)

Pawleys Island: Louis Fish Camp

Murrells Inlet; Divine Fish House or Creek Ratz

padams421 Jun 2nd, 2006 07:46 AM

Amelia Island: Down Under (it's under the bridge to Amelia on the Inter. waterway).

beach_dweller Jun 4th, 2006 01:21 PM

In additon to the great places listed above,

Georgetown: the Rice Paddy

Pawleys Island: Bistro 217, Orobosa's (we had an unbelievably good, creative lunch there), Frank's & Frank's Outback

Myrtle Beach: just to show there are a few unique places in MB, try E Noodles (20th Avenue South, just north of the airport on Business 17); the reviews contained in this link are not overstating the food I've gotten here many times:

http://www.restaurantdb.net/restaura...ws-261654.html

starrsville Jun 4th, 2006 02:48 PM

This are fabulous. Thank you.

cmcfong Jun 4th, 2006 02:49 PM

Barbara Jean's for crabcakes. Jeckyll and Beaufort. Wish I could come with you. Sounds like a fun trip!

GoTravel Jun 5th, 2006 06:43 AM

I love Chef Orobosa! He's a funny guy and a great chef!

syd Jun 5th, 2006 07:21 AM

Casual: Skippers Fish Camp on the Damien River

waggis Jun 5th, 2006 11:42 AM

syd - don't you mean Skipper's Fish Camp on the Darien River, Ga.? Best crab cakes, ever!

starrsville Jun 5th, 2006 11:53 AM

Then, I'm gonna be there!

Gretchen Jun 5th, 2006 12:57 PM

Hey, where is Oborosa? New? For lunch in Pawley's eat at Roz's in the Hammock Shop complex.

syd Jun 5th, 2006 01:07 PM

Thanks waggis, I stand corrected. Excellent grouper also.

rizzo0904 Jun 5th, 2006 01:09 PM

If you hit Savannah at all, The Pink House is amazing!

GoTravel Jun 5th, 2006 01:11 PM

Orobosa was the Executive Chef for years at Litchfield Plantation.

iceeu2 Jun 5th, 2006 02:36 PM

beachdweller, etal...how about Mrs. Fish in Myrtle? Someone just recently told me about it and really touted the food there. Paper plates?

ronkala Jun 5th, 2006 04:01 PM

Bubba's Oyster House in Savannah. Or is it Uncle Bubba's Oyster House? Delicious oysters on the half shell.

Gretchen Jun 5th, 2006 06:32 PM

So, is he still there?

beach_dweller Jun 6th, 2006 05:30 AM

Gretchen,

Orobosa's new place is on the north causeway road, on the left just after you turn off of 17. You've got to try it!

iceeu2,

I've also heard good things about Mrs. Fish. It's "downtown" in MB, where 501 meets Kings Highway. It is supposed to be a no-frills, homestyle place with probably mostly fried seafood. That's not really our thing anymore, but if I were hankering for a fried fish plate, based on what I've heard, I'd head there.

Gretchen Jun 6th, 2006 02:17 PM

Is it in that catering place sort of across from the hardware store? You're talking about the causeway to Pawley's?

Fried fish--Sara J's on the causeway to Garden City. Good other stuff also.
LOTS of good stuff in Murrell's Inlet. Russell's is very good--and friendly. For an oyster roast, no ambience but still the best is Nance's--just a big ole dining room on the inlet.
We'll be there July 4th this year and looking forward to the boat parade.