Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

FASTCAT OR SUNNY DAYS FERRY TO DRY TORTUGAS,KEY WEST...HELP....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 04:13 AM
carol

CAN'T DECIDE WHICH TRANSPORT WE SHOULD USE TO VISIT DRY TORTUGAS THIS MAY.ANY INFO APPRECIATED.ANYONE BEEN?THANKS CAROL.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 05:52 AM
Sue

I went on Sunny Days because it was cheaper. We arrived about 10 minutes before the Fast Cat (but left about 10 minutes earlier).

They looked the same to use so we used $$$ as the determination.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 12:02 PM
bill

I would recommend taking the seaplane. It is much faster and flies low enough for you to see sharks, manta rays,etc.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 12:15 PM
Karen

Oops. I thought Sunny Days was call "Sunny Days Fast Cat" - I told someone that on another thread.

I thought the only 2 big ones that went to the Fort was the Fast Cat and the Yankee Freedom.

I haven't been on the Yankee Freedom, but I lived the Fast Cat because of the speed to the Fort and the stability of the ride on a catamaran.

Great crew and nice picnic lunch at the Fort - and a nice narrated walking tour.

Enjoy!!

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 01:54 PM
carol

Karen,thanks for the info,you are right ,the fastcat is sunny days! i got it round my neck!!I meant to compare the Sunny days with the Yankee freedom ferry.Thanks again,Carol.

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 10:17 AM
jean

ttt