Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Farewell from Ira (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/farewell-from-ira-1070472/)

aaairaaaa Sep 2nd, 2015 01:06 PM

Farewell from Ira

Hi All,

Fodor's refuses to explain why they have banned me.

Bye-Bye

((I))

IMDonehere Sep 2nd, 2015 01:13 PM

So long Ira. Sorry to see you go.

I was thrown off the Lounge years ago under a different name, and I can only surmise why. A few other people Fodor's wrote and asked that I be re-instated but to no avail. That is what happens when kids are in charge.

Stay well.

suze Sep 2nd, 2015 02:26 PM

This is very sad news. I'm sorry to hear this Ira. We've all been waiting for you to show up again!

Sassafrass Sep 2nd, 2015 02:40 PM

This is nuts. Maybe there was something I missed, but I never saw anything inappropriate from Ira.

flpab Sep 2nd, 2015 02:48 PM

We are missing you and Dukey. Can we all write to the fodor people? Doug Stallings shows up sometimes. I am writing.

raincitygirl Sep 2nd, 2015 02:51 PM

What? How ridiculous. Bring back Ira!

Saraho Sep 2nd, 2015 02:56 PM

Sorry, Ira. How frustrating! We miss your contributions.

crefloors Sep 2nd, 2015 03:01 PM

The best possible way to get rid of the lounge for sure. Ira has been here forever. This place is really starting to smell bad.

It wouldn't surprise me if both tomsd and Dukey were banned. Nothing much here surprises me. I'm wondering if Fodors is even interested in having any kind of travel boards anymore. The used to be active and lively and now just kind of dull.

I like them because they are easy to navigate and I don't find some other sites as user friendly. But, that's really all they have to offer. I'm betting that they will go the way of AOL.

Pegontheroad Sep 2nd, 2015 03:01 PM

This appears to be loco!

islebethere Sep 2nd, 2015 03:02 PM

Should we start a petition?

NewbE Sep 2nd, 2015 03:05 PM

He's only banned from the Lounge, effectively. I get that ira was a prolific poster there, but he can still give travel advice...
<I'm wondering if Fodors is even interested in having any kind of travel boards anymore.>
I think it's pretty clear they don't want the Lounge any more, but that's not the same thing.

annw Sep 2nd, 2015 03:09 PM

Ira and Dukey? Say it's not so!!!

obxgirl Sep 2nd, 2015 03:17 PM

Don't go, ira!

suze Sep 2nd, 2015 03:26 PM

Lounge hater.

cigalechanta Sep 2nd, 2015 03:35 PM

Ira is one of our best posters with nary a mean streak.s Fodors EXPLAIN !

JanetKMR Sep 2nd, 2015 03:36 PM

Dukey is MIA, not banned. His profile is still active.

suze Sep 2nd, 2015 03:44 PM

Correct (about Dukey). People have been wondering what's up.

sylvia3 Sep 2nd, 2015 03:52 PM

Wonder if he was triangled? Don't know what the last thread he was on was about.

suze Sep 2nd, 2015 03:55 PM

Ira, Why can't you stay and just post under this new name?

laurieco Sep 2nd, 2015 04:03 PM

Sorry ira. I cannot for the life of me think of why you, of all posters, would get banned. Tomsd was banned and I can understand that, but you? Please keep posting under your current screen name until Fodor's comes to their senses, (which I am thinking they no longer have), and allow the old ira back in.