Notices

Family vacation with kids

Jul 21st, 2006, 07:14 PM
Original Poster

Family vacation with kids

Our family is trying to find a place for a family vacation in the TN or KY area. We are coming from CT and relatives are joining us from TX. We are trying to find a place in the middle. We would like a waterfront cottage(s)like we have used in the Adirondacks with good places to eat or a nice inn. I would appreciate any areas to consider. I thank you for your interest.

Jul 24th, 2006, 07:32 PM

Well, I will take a stab at this and maybe give you some suggestions for further research. There are numerous TVA lakes around the Knoxville area, Norris Lake in particular is very nice. Dale Hollow Lake in northern middle TN and Lake Cumberland in southern middle KY are also popular tourist spots. In Western KY, Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley attract numerous vistors every year. IMO, the lakes around Knoxville are the prettiest. I have never actually stayed at any of these so I can't help you on accomodations, but I am sure you can find alot on the internet. Search for TVA lakes.
Jul 25th, 2006, 02:40 PM

If you post this in the Tennessee section, I think you will get some more responses, they seem to get more activity.

Search this Thread