We're considering a family vacation to Hawaii in the next 12 months, but I don't even know where to start planning, so I'm hoping for some helpful advice to point us in the right direction.
Here's the vital stats:
Family of 6 (Wife and I, kids 17, 13, 12, 9). We'd like to spend 7-10 days.
things we're interested in:
seeing a volcano
a bit of history (especially Pearl Harbor, the Arizona Memorial and the Missouri)
My oldest daughter is also studying Japanese, so anything regarding Japanese heritage in Hawaii would be fun, too.
At this point, I'm looking for places to stay, which type of accommodation (hotel, resort, vacation rental) and any other advice to point us in the right direction. I'm also looking for estimates on possible costs, which has been tough to research given the size of our family. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family winter holiday
- 2 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 3 NY theater district restaurant
- 4 Trip to Cali
- 5 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 6 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 7 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 8 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 9 Big Sur weather in early December
- 10 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 11 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 12 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 13 Our next summer trip
- 14 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 15 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 16 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 17 Dulles to BWI
- 18 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 19 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 20 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 21 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 22 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 23 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 24 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 25 glacier national park to yellowstone route