Reload this Page >

question for matnikstym

Search

question for matnikstym

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2006, 10:46 AM
jetset1

question for matnikstym

Hey you~ I have a few enquiring questions, since you seem intriguing to me now. I did a little research on your Africa posts as I waited for my Jujitsu pants to dry.
How long have you been traveling there? How many of the countries have you visited thus far?
I traveled on B.A., stopping in Harare on the way, Kenya on the return portion. Fourteen hours from London, after a twelve hour layover, and a nine hour Anchorage-London leg. I miss my collagen..
I'll be interested to learn more when you aren't wrangling the frogs. J.

Old Jun 29th, 2006, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey jet baby! me intriguing? you obviously have not had your first glass of wine yet today! I've only been to Zambia so far (twice) with an overnight in Johannisburg. Next trip in October will be Zimbabwe and The Caprivi Strip in Namibia. After that would like to see Kruger in South Africa, more of Namibia and Zimbabwe. The flights are murder...first trip 33 hours in the air not including layovers and fuel stop. Second trip was 25 hours in the air. Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to fly off this rock which adds 5 hours to wherever I want to go. Zambia is great, my favorite country, thinking of opening up a frog farm there and letting the little critters supplement my income. If you seriously want to know about my trips, i'll put a link to my trip reports, but as we all know, once you start with the wine, it's all about YOU! b-(
if you're really bored, you can see my pics at www.kodakgallery.com/dennisinzambia though there are no nudes of me...sorry, entirely different website for that! Aloha!
Old Jun 29th, 2006, 11:28 AM
jetset1

Hey thanks kiddo~ as soon as Ricardo finishes the massage, I'm there.
It's not all about me either, Mr. Man. I have been assisting others to my state attractions.
Did you know Jewel, the singer, hails from my hometown? Her grandfather and my dad were homesteaders back in the fifties. When I'm fairly certain you aren't dangerous, maybe I'll send some of my childhood "Walton pictures" for you to see.
All I had for fun was a horse, cow, a black labrador and three redheaded boys across the meadow. Okay, the .22 for special times..
Anyway, get back to work.. your saving grace appears to be that you highlight your posts to save vision. J.

Old Jun 29th, 2006, 12:38 PM

Sorry for eavesdropping...your pictures are marvelous, matnikstym. Aloha.
Old Jun 29th, 2006, 12:40 PM

Broke Da Mouth Cookie Co
(808) 873-9255 190 Alamaha St # B
Kahului, HI

Found it, Tiff!!!
Old Jun 29th, 2006, 12:45 PM
jetset1

cmcfong~ we need adult supervision! Sides, matnikstym masquerades as seetheworld, so he's bicoastal too,lol.

Old Jun 29th, 2006, 12:56 PM

thanks cmcfong! i like brokedamouth cookies too, but big island candy's chocolate dipped macadamia shortbread cookies are even better!
jet~i'm not masquerading as anyone anymore, now that we're on speaking terms, no need, and i'm more than capable of making an ( * ) of myself using my own identity!
Old Jun 29th, 2006, 01:04 PM

Well, that was wierd. I posted the Broke Da Mouth cookies link for Tiff to share with her friend headed your way, matnikstym.
Party on.......
Old Jun 29th, 2006, 01:09 PM

that explains it cmcfong, though something was missing!
Old Jun 29th, 2006, 01:11 PM

jetset----isn't Jewel's last name Kilcher? Is she any relation to Catkin Kilcher or Yule Kilcher? Yule and his wife Ruth were featured in the Time-Life cookbook series, "Foods of the Northwest" back in the 70's; great article about all the wild foods they harvested up in Alaska. I ran into Catkin once when I was working for the U of A Fairbanks, or maybe it was at Denali---can't remember which.
Old Jun 29th, 2006, 01:14 PM
jetset1

touche sunshine~ now we're on the same page. From here on out, razor sharp is the only way we slice the brie, capiche?
Usually, the training process is tiresome, but you are showing promise as the ozone wears thin.
I was just looking at my old S.A. photo album.. If I knew cousin Lenny wouldn't mind, I'd post the picture of us in front of the only Silver Cloud Rolls I'll probably ever ride in.
Normally, I wouldn't show the world my physique without a large down, but the thighs have been holding up well. It all goes to my brain I guess.
The nice lab tech said my B.S. level is way off the charts, lol... J.

Old Jun 29th, 2006, 01:21 PM
jetset1

enzian~BINGO, good work! And she has an aunt who is, well. ...let's just say that when my sweet dh was cleaning my late father's home, came down to help.. they were in the bedroom, and she made sort of a comment about liking "soft rope".
I guess everyone likes the shy ones!
Also, for you trivia buffs or let's see if she's lying sticklers, Jewel has a cousin, Orianka(sp?), who co-starred in the recent movie with bad boy Colin Farrell. New World?
small world indeed,lol.. J.(not the jealous type)..

Old Jun 29th, 2006, 01:35 PM
jetset1

While in Homer, the Kilcher family has an 800 acre farm/homestead that sort of operates like a hostel. You work for room and board..
Don't have the contact info., but I'd look it up if anyone is curious..