Family restaurant in Georgetown

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. We are putting a last minute day trip down to Washington DC together for tomorrow. It's me, my husband and our two teenage boys. We are going to visit The Museum of Crime and Punishment and the Smithsonian Museum of American history. After they are tired of museums, I thought it would be nice to walk around the Georgetown area for a bit. Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice family type restaurant. What I mean by that is food that my son who likes pizza and hamburgers would like, and is not too formal since we will be in our tourist clothes.

Thanks.
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 12:12 PM

If you really want Georgetown, what about Paolo's? http://www.paolosristorante.com/georgetown.html

Good italian, a bit upscale but not too fancy.

But, at the C&P museum you will be right near our tiny Chinatown, so you could do dim sum, or head to any of the MANY restaurants that have appeared around the Verizon Center. Lot's of choices that would appeal to teen boys: http://dc.about.com/od/restaurants/a...earVerizon.htm
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 12:45 PM

The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow, so you might want to check out Washington Harbor. There are several restaurants with nice outdoor seating areas to choose from. They're a little on the expensive and touristy side, but very pleasant on a nice day, and you won't feel out of place.
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 12:45 PM

I agree. No reason to go all the way to Georgetown if you are going to be around the Verizon Center.
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 01:08 PM

Try Clyde's of Georgetown, 3236 M Street
www.clydes.com
Really fun "old" Georgetown restaurant. They have everything from burgers, salads, crabcakes to filet mignon.