Family Resort Recos Needed for New Mexico in April

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to visit New Mexico in April with my daughter (age 7) and another family with children...any advice on best resorts to stay? We are pretty active but would also like a place with a kids club and spa. One resort we had in mind is the Hyatt Regency Tamaya. Any advice is most appreciated!
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 12:00 PM

Since I live in the area, I haven't stayed there, but the Tamaya gets great reviews here on Fodor's. It would be a good base for exploring Albuquerque and Santa Fe.

How long will you be here? Albuquerque has a lot of activities for families - the BioPark (zoo, botanical gardens, and aquarium), Explora, the natural history museum, bike trails, etc.

Lee Ann
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 12:26 PM

Inn at Loretto: 2 reviews, 304 opinions, photos, and deals from real travelers and locals in Santa Fe, New ... Inn and Spa at Loretto: Save Up To 50% On Hotels ORBITZ.com Find ...
http://www.virtualtourist.com/hotels...ited_States_of..
My fav plenty of kids activities much better located more for everybody to do.Hyatt is fine though just way out...
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 09:39 PM

Tamaya is just 5 minutes from my home and a great base for visiting both Santa Fe and ABQ. LOTS to do here in ABQ for families, while Santa Fe has less for kids, Lee Ann has given you some ideas. The Folk Art Museum would entertain the kids and adults in SF, but to me, SF is more of an adults town. April is not our best month - it can be sunny but it can also snow and wind with dust and sand makes April less than ideal.
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 10:14 AM

Thumbs up on the Zoo and way up on the Explora. Could barely get our hobbits out of the latter.
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 12:12 PM

The Hyatt Tamaya isn't "way out." It's about 10 minutes off I-25. As both DebitNM and I said, it's a good base for both cities.

Another possibility you might consider is visiting a Native American reservation. Taos Pueblo is an hour or so north of Santa Fe, and Acoma is about an hour west of Albuquerque. It costs a little more to visit, but I would probably choose Acoma over Taos because you get a pretty good guided tour.

http://sccc.acomaskycity.org/
www.taospueblo.com