Family Friendly Restuarant in Portsmouth NH

Old May 21st, 2008, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family Friendly Restuarant in Portsmouth NH

My wife and I will be in Portsmouth NH this weekend with my brother-in-law's family (8-year-old niece and 3-year-old nephew). I am looking for a moderate family-friendly restaurant for dinner. I did a search but not much came up. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Old May 21st, 2008, 07:03 AM

What type of food are you looking for? I just wrote a response to another inquiry about restaurants in Portsmouth. You may want to check that out. If you like pizza, Flatbread's is a fun family choice.
Old May 21st, 2008, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

Just looking for good quality food in a casual but comfortable atmosphere where we won't feel like we're ruining somebody's evening if the kids starting acting like kids. Pizza is always a good option - does Flatbread's have things besides pizza? If we were going by ourselves, Black Trumpet Bistro would be our first choice, by the way.
Old May 21st, 2008, 07:51 AM

Flatbread's is primarily pizza and a few salads. The menu is pretty small. But kids seem to really like watching them make the pizzas and put them in the brick oven. Maybe the Portsmouth Brewery would be good, too. More menu options. Loco coco's is good for tacos in Kittery but much more casual - you order at the window.
Old May 21st, 2008, 07:57 AM

Is the Stockpot still there? We used to bring our kids to the Portsmouth Children's Museum and then have a meal at the Stockpot. The kids were always entertained by the tugboats right outside the window.

Now as teens they love Flatbread and Friendly Toast.
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:14 AM

Stockpot is still there, and they do have an outside deck - it's going to be warm this weekend. The only drawback is the food is just average...best of the restaurants with the decks, but nothing to get excited about.

Sake may also be fun for kids. There are booths where you can sit sort of on the ground. It's sushi but they have other entree and noodle dishes.