Family Camps in and around Pennsylvania

Jan 13th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

Family Camps in and around Pennsylvania

Does anyone know of family summer camps (we're thinking a week in August) either in Pennsylvania or surrounding states? We are 10 people-2 grandparents, 4 other grown-ups and 4 grandchildren. We are willing to stay in one cabin or 2 or 3 smaller cabins. We would probably prefer if meals were available.
Jan 13th, 2010, 11:20 AM

Have you considered going to a ranch in the western US? A lot of the ranches are like summer camp. We spent a couple of summers at Lane Guest Ranch near Estes Park, Colorado. The ranches can be an excellent multigenerational trip.
Jan 13th, 2010, 11:20 AM

Hit send too soon. You can check out ranches at ranchweb.com.
Jan 13th, 2010, 11:55 AM

If you are willing to go to Maine there is a wonderful family camp, Camp Medomak, in Washington, MA. We have been many times.
I think they won some award for best family camp in 2009.
www.medomakcamp.com
Click on "Family Camp".
It's rustic! But at least there are showers in the cabins now! There used to be a bath house.
Meals are included. The lake front is fabulous; wonderful crafts for kid and adults alike; hikes; sports; star gazing. They encourage a field trip or two to surrounding towns.
Jan 13th, 2010, 04:43 PM

Woodloch Pines in Hawley, Pa sounds like what you are looking for. I found out about it while staying at the absolutely amazing luxury spa (Lodge at Woodloch) across the street and have since learned that one family I knew while growing up has been going to Woodloch for an extended family vacation every summer for 20+ years.