Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Fall Foliage Tour first week of October, 2012
Notices

Fall Foliage Tour first week of October, 2012

Jan 21st, 2012, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

Fall Foliage Tour first week of October, 2012

Planning our first New England Foliage Tour and seeking information as to which area of Vermont to book reservations. Since we will be using our RCI week, we will be booking for the week. Should we book in the north area around Stowe or in the southern part of the state as our hub. We will have a car and be traveling each day to new points of interest. No children, just adults and we would definitely appreciate any advice.
Jan 21st, 2012, 12:36 PM

The first week of October it would be safer to go north around Stowe. Columbus day weekend is often the peak for more central and southern areas of the state.
For 2001 Fall colors go to www.vermontvacation.com, the official state tourism site.
Jan 22nd, 2012, 04:20 AM

I also would recommend the Stowe area. If it's a little early, you could do a day trip to NH's White Mountains for more spectacular color. Another day trip to Burlington but would suggest including a drive north to south thru Champlain islands ending in Burlington. You need a separate full day for Shelburne Museum.
Feb 16th, 2012, 03:04 PM

cjml - sounds like we are planning the same vacation. I just booked an RCI week at Smugglers Notch near Stowe. Unless your home resort is in that area, you need to book quickly.

dfrostnh, thank you for the good news. Based on the mild winter we are having I was worried that the first week in October may be a bit early.

Search this Thread