My husband and I always take a day trip from Chicago to an apple orchard in Elkhorn, WI that we really like. This year we were thinking of visiting either Lake Geneva or Cedarburg after apple picking at the orchard. Lake Geneva is a lot closer (15-20 mins), with Cedarburg being an additional 60 mins away from Elkhorn. However, we're totally willing to do it if it's worth the trip.
Lake Geneva seems to be more of a summer destination, whereas Cedarburg has the small-town historic feel that we like so much. We're basically looking for a town we can visit that has good local shopping, nice restaurants to choose from, and we just want to be able to walk around and take in the scenery.
Does anyone have any opinions on which town to visit for the day? We're looking at early October. Stick with Lake Geneva because it's closer, or take the trip to Cedarburg because it's worth it?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 BEST WEB HOSTING
- 2 Morning Activity No Car Downtown Poughkeepsie
- 3 Oklahoma City to El Paso
- 4 San Diego arpt to Hotel Circle area?
- 5 Las Vegas TR
- 6 Where would you go in March?
- 7 10 day California Trip in July
- 8 RV Grand Canyon
- 9 I need help
- 10 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 11 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 12 New York in 5 days
- 13 Newport Beach restaurants
- 14 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 15 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 16 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 17 Expedia
- 18 Italian Provisions
- 19 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 20 girls trip / oregon
- 21 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 22 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 23 Vacations in New Orleans
- 24 4 days in Miami
- 25 Los Angeles for Christmas