Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Experiences at Camelback Inn in Scottsdale?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 08:55 AM
chris

Hello, has anyone stayed at this resort recently? We have booked a week long spa package at the hotel. Are there any Phoenix attractions that should not be missed? Thanks so much for your responses!

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 09:08 AM
emily

Although I didn't stay here, I used their pool and restaurants while staying acroos the street at Marriott Mountain Shadows for business.
The buffet dinner is terrific, especially if you get a seat at the windows for sunset - fabulous views. I'm not a big fan of buffets, but this one is good.
I went to Tucson when I had free time as there are not a lot of things to see in Phoenix.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 09:21 AM
jim

I've stayed at the Camellback three times and have generally liked it -- a lot depends on what type of room you get.

Phoenix is not one of my favorite cities, but you can find stuff to do in the Scottsdale area, but of course different people have different interests, so it's hard to say.

I'd suggest a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's home about 15-20 minutes from the Camelback; a walk around Old Scottsdale; a ride over to the Phoenician to sit on the deck and have a drink at sunset; a 2-hour drive north to Sedona to see the red rock formations at sunset. By the way, the other post was right about the buffet -- make sure you're hungry when you go.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 04:20 PM
ldsant

I stayed here and went to the spa - I was totally blissed out! But, a week? I would suggest Sedona for an overnight tour if you're going to be in AZ for a week. Have a great time. I was very pleased with the spa services I had at Camelback (much more so than at the Phoenician where I recently stayed - although I LOVED everything else about the Phoenician).

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 04:41 PM
Mary Bauer

I haven't stayed at Camelback, however have been to their spa. Loved the facility! I worked out first, and then had their Desert Botanical Facial. Was very impressed with the spa. Lots of "lounging" areas, so do plan on spending lots of time there.....lucky you!

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 04:19 PM
Catalina

Are you talking about Marriott's Resort called Camelback Inn, or a different resort?

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 05:31 PM
ingrid

Yes, catalina, that would be the one.

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 05:43 PM
Catalina

Thanks for clearing that up for me.