Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Experience with Oahu East Hotel and Royal Lahina Resort.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 10:55 AM
May

Hi, we will be travelling to Oahu and Maui for a total of 7 nights late May 2002.

We've booked 4 nights at the Ohana East hotel in Honolulu, Oahu and the Royal Lahaina Resort in Kaanapali.

Has anyone been to these hotels or has any comments and suggestion? Thanks.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 05:49 PM
e

You get what you pay for, in other words ----upgrade !!

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 07:31 AM
Ani

We stayed at Royal Lahaina for 5 nights about 2 years ago. We had a bungalow about 20 yards from the beach-it was nice but could have been a little cleaner. This is probably to be expected due to a beachfront location. The beach there is wonderful of course-but we would probably stay at a different place next time.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 03:16 PM
Raquel

We just got back from Oahu and Maui as few days ago. Altough we didn't stay in either resort, my girlfriend had stayed at the Royal Lahina and said she would never stay there again.(dirty) As for Oahu, I would never go back to Honolulu if you paid me. Very noisey, dirty, congested and what a joke of a beach (Waikki)! We have much better beaches in Michigan than that one! If you still want to stay in this area, I would recommend the Marriott. It was very clean and cheap for Hawaii.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 05:26 PM
beth

Try the Sheraton Princess Kauilani on Oahu. It's located across the street from Waikiki Beach. See if they are still running the 35% off for becoming a starwood member. Just had a friend stay at the Marriott there. She also thought it was fine. Waikiki/Honolulu is congested but in my opinion its not dirty especially considering how many people visit there. We were there in Feb. You should consider staying in a moderate price hotel on Oahu because you will probably never be in your room and upgrade on your stay on Maui. It's been so long since I've been to Maui so I can't give any advice. Have a good trip!

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 06:16 PM
bettyk

Have stayed at the Royal Lahaina several times, the last being in 2000. We always stay in one of the cottages on the golf course. The grounds are really nice. Prices run around $200 with breakfast I believe. Our cottage was never dirty but I think they are probably about due for a renovation. We always felt like we got a good value there and the location is great (right next to the Sheraton Hotel).