Reload this Page >

Expedia and how much they stink,,, long

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2005, 09:14 AM
megsterl

I dont know if im the only one who has had trouble with expedia, but if you are planning on dealing with them, hear me out.

My family consisting of my mother father, aunt, uncle another aunt and her friend were going on a cruise, they just didnt have airfair, so they went to expedia and were able to get a good enough price. Anyway, one of the airlines that they booked through kept changing thier flights, and or cancelling thier flights. I know not expedia fault, but They did go through expedia so that they didnt have to deal with the airlines directly, *which they will never do again*, but when expedia would email them to let them know, Expedia told my mother that she needed to contact the airlines directly. Can I ask, what is the point of expedia?? there prices werent any better than the airlines, they solely went with them because they were told expedia handles everything.
I adventually took the phone from my mother and spoke with one girl who was insistent that we needed to contact the airlins, and I said balogna. I want to speak to your supervisor, she told me that they dont take calls, and beside there was nothing that they could do. Well, I dont take well to answers like that so I demanded a supervisior. she told me she could see what she would do, and put me on hold, FOR ONE AND A HALF HOURS. and that was for a supervisior. Who did go ahead and take to airlines and corrected everything. he also was goint ot send a confimation, and a certififcate for 50 off, suprise, suprise we never recieved either.
Over the next three months flights were cancelled and rearranged to the day before they left. They got ount and made it to the ship, but not before an eight hour layover , and lost luggage.
Now my family is off on the pacific ocean having a superb time with RCI cruiseline. I home sick from work and get a phone call asking for my mother, guess who???? Expedia, inforiming that since no one contacted them about an email there flight were cancelled. I blew my lid. i asked her why they would be calling here, they have her itinerary obvioulsy she is not at home she not flying home for days. after another run around, of upset voices, being hung up on, and me crying my eyes out for my poor parents. I confirmed with the airlines, that NOTHING had been changed, They were still on all there flights, with no changes. I was furious, this woman from Expedia totally gave me incorrect information that put me off for the rest of the day, and totally inconvience me. NEVRE NEVER WILL I USE EXPEDIA, and if you dont wnat they head aches, dont use them either.

Old Feb 27th, 2005, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry for your difficulty with Expedia, but if you want people to read a post in the future, you may want to proofread it first. The post is hard to read.
Old Feb 27th, 2005, 10:05 AM

This had better be a troll, otherwise there's no explanation or excuse for how bad the writing is -- no one writes perfectly on these posts, but this is almost unreadable.

At first I was thinking maybe megsterl's first language is not English and should be cut some slack, but then I saw the variable spelling of "their" (thier, there) and capricious capitalization and words like "adventually" -- this is how I would make up a letter if I wanted to imitate ignorant writing.

Not to belittle or minimize the main point about Expedia -- but Expedia isn't where you go for service, just price, anyway. And I'm sorry if there really were people left in the lurch. But wow.
Old Feb 27th, 2005, 11:09 AM

I'm not any more sure about the original post than the rest of you, but I will tell you why I sometimes use Expedia. Expedia will let me book for my sons, whereas Delta will not unless we are flying together.

megsterl: as a former English teacher, I feel your pain...I wonder if you feel mine?!?
Old Feb 27th, 2005, 12:13 PM

Do you mean you can't make a reservation/buy a ticket for them? I have done it often with USAirways.
As for the Expedia thing, they sell tickets. She's lucky Expedia called them to tell of changes--have heard plenty of horror stories of not being informed. But I think it's pretty much a story of the Three Billygoats Gruff.
Old Feb 27th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Dan

Wow. This is amazing. The first post in Fodors.com history I simply can't comprehend!
Old Feb 27th, 2005, 09:23 PM

Unless something has changed recently, delta's website will not let you book 3rd party tickets (me booking for someone else). I can do it by phone, but not internet. Go figure.
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 05:30 AM
GoTravel

Your problems are with the airline and the English language not Expedia.

Old Feb 28th, 2005, 06:01 AM

Babs001?????? not so...I just booked a flight for someone else at the Delta website..no problem at all.
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 07:14 AM

This sounds like a truly tragic story. I wish I could understand what the hell it was about.
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 07:27 AM

I got most of it figured it out -- it's a sort of game and puzzle. But I'm still working on what "balogna" means.

What's really interesting is if you click on megsterl's name you will see tons of questions about maybe a dozen different trips being taken in just the past couple of months, so this must be a very well traveled person. But I had the impression from one post that she'd be on the same cruise, so what do I know?
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 07:32 AM

Maybe it's "Oscar Meyer"!
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 07:38 AM
gc

megsterl certainly does like to travel a lot.

She (?) also, usually, uses Expedia to browbeat those travel agents into lower fares.

Here's a tip: Take one less trip and use the money you save to actually pay a professional for service. Who knows, the pro may even spell your name right in the entry forms...
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 07:42 AM

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life.
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 08:05 AM

Rarely -

Dean Wormer gets it right!
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 08:09 AM
GoTravel

This post is like a train wreck; horrifying but I can't stop looking.

Old Feb 28th, 2005, 09:45 AM

Yes, and the worst of it is, they apparently never got their certififcate. In my opinion, megsterl is almost certainly certififiable.
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 09:57 AM

you guys are just plane Meen.how woold you likit if Some one maid FUn ov your'e Grammerricle errs.

havent' you ever Had a "spasky" kyebored Day~

?
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 10:06 AM

babs001,
I've been able to book 3rd party tickets on delta.com using my credit card since sometime late last year, so it's possible now.
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 10:09 AM

I agree with GoTravel - Megsterl should have used a travel agent for the personal attention she wanted. Expedia was upfront in telling Megsterl to call the airlines directly to solve the problem,but Megsterl chose not to. IMO, Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz are merely booking agents for people (such as myself) who are comfortable enough to do it themselves. If you really want someone else to do all that grunt work, go to an agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -