We’re a couple in our late 20’s living in the North-East looking for a beach holiday in the second half of August. We could go for up to 14 days. We play to spend at least half the day relaxing on the beach (sand is very important). The other half would probably be exploring around in a slow pace. We would like to go to an exotic place.
We usually tend to avoid going on holidays in July/August because of crowds but have no choice this year .
In my opinion, the different choices are :
Hawaii (2 islands in 2 weeks)
California (Beaches and Napa Valley doable?)
The Caribbean (Bahamas, Aruba or St-Martin). Not sure of hurricane season and humidity. We usually go there one week during winter.
Europe (Portugal, Croatia…). August crowds to avoid?
I think that Portugal or Hawaii would be my top 2 choices.
Any help on the destination would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HP + 1800/681/7208 IN$TALATION recovery CONTACT HP tec*h ak47baba
- 2 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 3 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 4 Family winter holiday
- 5 4 days in San Diego
- 6 NY theater district restaurant
- 7 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 8 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 9 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 10 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 11 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 12 Trip to Cali
- 13 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 14 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 15 Big Sur weather in early December
- 16 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 17 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 18 Our next summer trip
- 19 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 20 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 21 Dulles to BWI
- 22 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 23 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 24 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 25 Kauai for a week: advice needed