Estes Park/ Vail

Apr 22nd, 2002, 06:20 PM
jill

Estes Park/ Vail

Visiting Estes Park for an August wedding at the Stanley Hotel. Would love to go earlier for a few days of R&R. I have stayed at Cordierlla out near Vail before- anything like this near Estes? Might be alone for a few days prior to joing with friends. Thanks!

Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:50 AM
David

Jill,

The Lodge at Cordillera is one of my favorite places to stay. Unfortunately, I know of nothing to compare with that in the area of Estes Park. That said, however, If you don't mind "rusticking" it up a bit I might be able to recommend a couple of places not too far away.

Although I have not stayed here I have heard and read good things about The "Riversong B & B" in Estes. Their web-site is "romanticriversong.com" and you will see some pretty nice looking rooms and views on this site.

If you don't mind driving a ways, I would also suggest the town of Grand Lake. It's located on the other side of RMNP and is a beautiful, simple little town on the edge of a natural 400 foot-deep lake. There is a place called The Lemmon Lodge that has a variety of different types and sizes of cabins that are equipped to meet differing needs. You could rent a cabin there either on the lake or by the river that feeds it.

Let me know if you need more info.

Davidcs

Search this Thread