We are in the beginning stages of planning our next family trip. We will be heading to Colorado in July (2015) I know I know...but we like to plan early! We are flying from DC to Denver and will be spending 3 (or 4) nights in Estes Park to explore RMNP. We are a family of 6. (2 moms, 3 kids who will be 9,12,15 and an active grandma 68?) We love the outdoors, nature, beautiful scenery, national parks, short hikes or "walks in nature"; wildlife and just appreciated the wonder of the world.
We are looking for somewhere to stay that will provide a bed (not sleeper sofa) for all of us...we can share- but we don't want to make anyone have the sleeper sofa. We enjoying camping- but grandma likes her coffee machines. So we are looking for something that will give us the peaceful serenity we don't get here in DC- have an incredible view (hopefully from a private deck where we can sit and relax as the kids sleep) maybe it would even have a hot tub. We don't need TVs, DVD players or anything like that..but we would like it to be very clean and comfortable. Clean...comfortable....quiet....and a great view.....I want to see the stars! and the Mountains!!and breathe the fresh (all be it...thin) air!
Any and all suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I need help
- 2 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 3 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season
- 4 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 5 A Few days in Museums
- 6 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 7 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 8 travelling from Miami to New York
- 9 Las Vegas TR
- 10 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 11 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 12 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 13 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 14 First time in the United States
- 15 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 16 3 days San Francisco
- 17 Vacations in New Orleans
- 18 Hawaii instead of Oaxaca, but where?
- 19 Must-See Louis Vuitton Exhibit Downtown
- 20 Base Lodging in New Hampshire and Vermont
- 21 natchez accommodation
- 22 NYC NYE on a budget HELP please
- 23 Road Trip - DC to Miami in 2-3 days - need help
- 24 New Orleans Vacation
- 25 natchez trace parkway
Estes Park lodging: with kids and grandma; quiet, peaceful; amazing