Reload this Page >

ESPN Zone in Times Square

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 05:24 AM
Sam

I'm considering going to the ESPN Zone for a meal and a bit of fun with a few friends. Can anyone give me a bit more info on it? Their website isn't great.

Also - has anyone had a meal at Britney Spears place NYLA?

Thanks, Sam

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 05:33 AM
gourmet

You obviously don't care about the quality of your food in your dining experience. These are theme restaurants, don't go expecting good food. ESPN Zone is more of an amusement park for the kiddies with food as an afterthought.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 06:09 AM
DeeDee

Actually, the ESPN Zone is a cool place to go get a snack and a beer. TV's are all over the place and great views of Times Square.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 07:24 AM
Ellen

Not every meal has to be a gourmet experience. The burgers and salads are fine, the portions are big, and the service at the bar is great (eat at the bar-more fun!). The sports atmosphere is energetic too. However, you may find it too juvenile. They do a lot of kids birthday parties. For a more mature atmosphere there are other sports bars to try. Mickey Mantle's on Central Park South is one. And the Riviera Sports Bar on Seventh Avenue in the West Village is a great hang out for beer, wings, and burgers. That would be my pick. NYLA got crappy reviews.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Sam

Thank you for your replies.

I'm not particularly interested in gourmet dining while in New York. I'm interested in hanging out in a few places that we don't have much of in Ireland (e.g. themed restaurants).

I can dine at many of Europes finest restaurants at the drop of a hat.

Thanks again, Sam

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 08:15 AM
al

Sam, ESPN Zone should be fine, and if you want to give Britney's place a try, go for it! It's nothing a little Immodium won't cure.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 09:19 AM
Sally

ESPN Zone is a neat place. There area different levels that overlook a huge theather area filled with televisions broadcasting every sporting event happening. If you go on a Sunday afternoon for football, go early, or if you can make reservations, try that, as it gets packed. There are seating choices, so ask, based on your wallet. We went to the room with leather easy-chairs, couches, and tall bar tables (I think it was the third level), and they had a $50 per person minimum charge to sit for the entire game, but for us tourists, we enjoyed it and thought it was worth it. The top level had video games and the second floor was the main restaurant. The first level had premium seating with huge leather seats.
We only got appetizers, so I can't really comment on the food quality.
Have a great time if you go!
If you go, have fun!

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 09:50 AM
DeeDee

They've taken out the huge leather lazyboys down in front and replaced them with tables.