Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Epcot - Any advise ?? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/epcot-any-advise-930839/)

JerseySue Apr 9th, 2012 04:46 PM

Epcot - Any advise ??

Does anyone have any secrets to help us navagate Epcot ?? 3 adults going !! Is there a certain restaurant that has outside seating to watch fireworks ?? What time to make reservation ?? What restaurant is the best ?? Any help will be appreciated - only have one free day in Orlando while at Tile and Stone convention.

montereybob Apr 9th, 2012 06:08 PM

I think I recall a Mexican restaurant with tables with views of the fireworks. You need to get a table early. Maybe others can shed more light on this.

SlackTraveler Apr 9th, 2012 06:25 PM

The Scandinavian restaurant seemed to be the best deal last I went. All-you-can-eat buffet, versus the ala carte prices everyone else was charging. Of course, you have to be okay with odd fishy delicacies such as caviar, lox and pickled herring. Good luck!

-SlackTraveler

abram Apr 9th, 2012 07:50 PM

When you get there, walk immediately to the back, not stopping at any rides or exhibits. Then, work your way towards the front, and you won't see any crowds for half the day.

JerseySue Apr 10th, 2012 02:59 AM

Thanks guys for the help ! I love Abrams advice - never thought of doing that !! Usually so excited when we get there we want to do everything we see first !! But that was when we had the kids with us many years ago !!

ytsmom Apr 10th, 2012 06:48 AM

I recommend the Kringla Bakeri in Norway; they have great sandwiches and bakery items, and the prices aren't bad for what you get. Good place for lunch. Also Rose and Crown is nice in England. If you want sit-down service, you should decide early in the day and go to that restaurant and get a reservation.

travelbuff Apr 10th, 2012 07:25 AM

No tips really, just relax and have a great time.

JerseySue Apr 10th, 2012 05:08 PM

Thanks everyone !! I like the go to the back of the park first and make a dinner reservation when we get there !! Good advise - I appreciate your help !!

Greenhouse Apr 10th, 2012 05:53 PM

If you're staying on site you might want to make a reservation in advance.

You might find this helpful:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2009/0...ewing-part-ii/

DianeC Apr 21st, 2012 10:11 AM

Go early & obtain a Fastpass for 'Soarin', we were retired & went with grand children, but we all thought that was the best ride! Epcot has always been my favourite, followed by animal Kingdom, but the younger ones would probably say Universal!

Just enjpy!

PaulRabe Apr 21st, 2012 02:43 PM

I'll second the advice about "Soaring": it's the best ride in Epcot, and the Fast Passes can be sold out by mid-day. Make that your first stop, then run towards the back of the Park.

michele_d Apr 21st, 2012 03:25 PM

I can attest to how realistic soaring is. I am terrified of heights and I had to keep my eyes closed during the entire ride with a death grip on the bar because it is so realistic. And you are only about 8' off the ground the entire time. Pretty sad. The rest of my family said they loved it.

We had three dinners at Epcot when we were there and every one was excellent: Germany, Canada and Mexico. You probably can't go wrong no matter where you eat.

bigal4 Apr 24th, 2012 07:45 PM

Been there many of times. Scandanvian Buffet was good,but we loved Mexico and the restaurant in Italy. The restaurant in Mexico has a boat ride inside that goes around it and also keeps you out of the heat. I beleive if you stay at the Swan or Dolphin they actually let you in the back entrance earlier. Check this out. Spaceship earth is always our favorite as it is so relaxing and moves quickly and feels so comfortable after standing in the heat all day. We usually go twice to that ride. Spaceship Earth is what our family calls the "Big Golf Ball."