Reload this Page >

Enchantment Resort in Sedona & Other Recomendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Postal

I want to stay at Enchantment Resort in Sedona, but everyone tells me it's very far out of town. I'd rather be closer in town. Is there anything anywhere near as nice as Enchantment that's a little closer in? Does Sky Ranch compare? And how far out is it?

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 04:11 PM
Kate

Sky Ranch is nice.
But what makes Enchantment like no other resort on earth is its location. You have to see it to understand.
You can't get the idea from photos either.
Why is a ~12 minute drive into town a problem?
The commercial area of Sedona is quite small, anyway.

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Paula

Enchantment was wonderful. If you have a car, it's the best place to stay. So peaceful and has an excellent restaurant.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 05:15 PM
wiz

just got back from sedona a few days ago. We stayed at Enchantment. It's great. Town is busy and a bit commercial. The setting at enchantment is spectacular. Stay there.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Helene

We were at Enchantment this summer. The setting is really wonderful. It was especially great when we were there, since most parks and forests were closed. We had beautiful 360 degree views. The town really is pretty small; being "in town" doesn't really make a difference. Make sure to drive to Jerome for an afternoon too - very cute town.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 09:40 PM
jPam

I thought the Enchantment was haunted because it sits on Indian Sacred Grounds. Or is it another hotel?

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Dave

I checked Travelosity and the Enchantment's web site for rates. This appears to be an expensive hotel unless I am viewing peak seaon rates. Is anyoneaware wheter rates in July/August are reduced?

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Kate

Sedona is on the opposite rate season schedule from Phoenix.
In PHX, summers are cheap, winters expensive.
In Sedona it's the summers and falls that are more expensive because people go there to escape the desert heat.
The best deals in Sedona will typically be November and January-February.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Dave

Makes sense. Next question would 3 days and nights be enough, too much, or not enough time to spend in Sedona

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 12:29 PM
kk

I just returned from 7 nights in Sedona, at a resort 4 miles west of West Sedona.
First, let me say like the others above DO stay at Enchantment. We only had dinner there, but what a special dinner. The location is breathtaking.
Second, as to how long you should stay in Sedona...that depends on how much you want to do. If you plan to drive up to the Grand Canyon, that takes a whole day.
We hiked around some, and we aren't hikers. You need to get out into the scenery to really enjoy Sedona. Go, before it's over-developed, as it is fast approaching that state...although at Enchantment that won't bother you at all.
BTW, it will only take you 10 minutes to drive to Enchantment and the drive is phenomenal. Do not not not stay IN Sedona, or anywhere else, if you can afford Enchantment. It's worth every penny.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 02:50 AM
Tiffany

And if you enjoy spa treatments, their spa is first class and you can only enjoy it if you are a guest of the hotel. Call there reservation number for special packages that include two nights and two treatments per person. The rate is cheaper, but not available on the website. I will be going to Enchantment for my third time in three years. It is amazing there. I have two reviews:

http://www.epinions.com/content_26413010564
http://www.epinions.com/content_41383923332