Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Emerson Inn - Elegant enough for a photo shoot?

Emerson Inn - Elegant enough for a photo shoot?

Oct 7th, 2002, 10:58 AM
DB

Emerson Inn - Elegant enough for a photo shoot?

Does anyone have any information about the Emerson Inn in Rockport MA? We may be looking to do a photoshoot on the property - in the rooms - want ot make sure they're clean and elegant.

Any information would be helpful.

Oct 7th, 2002, 11:06 AM
doc

The outside off the Inn and the restaurant are very nice. I am from rockport,so I cant comment on the inside guest rooms, But I have heard they are nice and clean with a great view. I'm sure there is a website with pictures,etc.

Oct 8th, 2002, 08:26 AM
Boss Tonn

I've been to a wedding at the Emerson, and in my opinion it's a wonderful inn. Beautiful porch and view of the water. I saw one of the rooms but didn't stay overnight. It was nicely furnished, but not particularly roomy.

Don't know if lights and camera equipment would be easily maneuvered inside.

Oct 8th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Jen

My daughter looked at the Emerson Inn as a possible site for her wedding, and we did look at the upstairs rooms because family members and out-of-town guests would be staying there. I must say that "elegant" is not the word that comes to mind when I recall the rooms. Some were sparse Victoran, others were just stark. Take a look at the few on their web site at http://www.emersoninnbythesea.com/rooms.html. The main advantage of the place is the view.

Oct 9th, 2002, 06:57 AM
Yankee Clipper

Thank you all! - What about the Yankee Clipper Inn in Rockport?

Oct 9th, 2002, 07:09 AM
doc

Sounds like youre looking for something in rockport. I dont think the Yankee Clipper is as nice as the emerson,or at least not as photogenic. Just to compare,try the Captains lodge on Marmion way. By far, the best view in rockport and the house overlooking the water is stunning. It has a view of both Thatchers and Straitsmouth islands with lighthouses.

Search this Thread