Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites - River North Chicago

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 07:15 AM
Pam

Hello. Anyone ever stayed here? We have never stayed at an Embassy Suites before, but have stayed at the sister company, Homewood Suites, in other cities. I could get a better rate at the Embassy than the Homewood in Chicago. I would appreciate any comments on Embassy Suites. I know this location is good, as we have stayed in Chicago many times, but never at this particular hotel. Thank you.

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 08:24 AM
Bob Homiak

Have stayed at several Embassy Suites - but not in Chicago. They are very nice. Most have a living area and separate bedroom. They general have a free coctaiil hour and breakfast. Am planning to go to Chicago in the summer. Wondering how you made arrangements there.

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 09:27 AM
jean

Pam, I have stayed a t Embassy Suites in Washington, Florida, Alabama, Virginia, and Georgia on both business and pleasure trips. I love Embassy Suites and would recommend it. The rooms are spacious, the food and service great. I've never been disappointed.

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 10:12 AM
marilyn

Well, you already know the location is good. The lobby is attractive, and the restaurant in the hotel is a lively Greek taverna run by Rich Melman's Lettuce Entertain You group. We stayed at this hotel 6 or 8 years ago when it first opened. The room was nice enough, though I was puzzled to find that the couch in the sitting room was already ripped, and the mini frig held nothing but a broken glass. The pool was teensy and the breakfast buffet a madhouse.

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 10:13 AM
Pam

Thanks for the responses Bob and Jean. It sounds like I have made a good choice. Bob, I went to the Chicago Visitors home page, www.chicago.il.org and went through the hotel links there to make my reservation.