Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Embassy Suites hotels (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/embassy-suites-hotels-68517/)

Chris Apr 14th, 2000 01:38 PM

Embassy Suites hotels

My wife and I are staying at the Embassy Suites hotel in Maui for 5 nights and the Embassy Vacation Resort in Kauai for 3 nights in November? Does anyone have any information on these properties? (rooms, beaches, pools, ect.) Any knowledge would be appreciated. Thanks!

Marie Apr 14th, 2000 02:48 PM

Search this forum by Hawaii, there are alot of negative comments about the Embassay in Maui's beach, being hard to swim in due to all the coral, we were planning on staying there too, and now I am back to square one researching hotels on Maui, so if the beach is important to you, be careful. I don't know about you, but the more I read, the more confused I get. Good Luck

Cur Apr 14th, 2000 04:10 PM

You're staying at Embassy Suites? You have my sympathy!

kenang Apr 14th, 2000 05:55 PM

Chris, <BR>We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Maui last September and we thought the rooms were incredible. They were huge! There was also a large sunken tub which I thought was pretty cool. It was good value for the money. We got the 1/2 price rate with the Entertainment card. Oh, and it comes with free buffet breakfast which was pretty good. The lobby and pool area were nice but not as nice as some of the fancier resorts, like the Hyatt. The location is also windier so we didn't really stay at their beach (we kept getting pelted with sand and that hurt). You can always go to the other beaches, which we did. I would recommend this hotel. Have a nice time!

annemarie Apr 14th, 2000 06:17 PM

We did say at the Embassy Vacation Resort in Kauai a few years ago, actually the year they opened and the prices were phenomenal! I hear it is extremely expensive now? The property is very nice, the condos are very nicely furnished around a pool area. You have no beach here, it is actually set on a bit of a cliff. It is a nice property that is more of a timeshare than a full facility resort. The Embassy Suites in Maui...we only saw from the outside as I was also initially tempted as I do like the chain...location is not good, you will need a car to venture beyond the property...beach area is not very good here, as well.

kal Apr 14th, 2000 10:50 PM

Chris, We walked thru the Embassy Suites this past January and found the property to be nice...Our brother and sister in law were coming over on a time-share thing a month later so we checked it out...We agree w/ the other post regarding no beach..It's a long walk to a swimmable beach..It is a gorgeous setting, tho..nice sandy pool too. <BR> <BR>The good part about Poipu is you are always about 1-3 miles away from 4-5 good beaches,(AM I ALLOWED TO SUGGEST GOOD BEACHES WITHOUT BEING ACCUSED OF BEING A TRAVEL AGENT?) and if you are staying there, I'd suggest Shipwreck Beach, between the Embassy and the Hyatt, Brennecke's Beach (oops..they are a resaturant, too...sorry),the beach between the Sheraton and the Kaihuna Plantation Resort, and the Beach House beach ... <BR>As for Maui, you are on your own.. <BR>Kal <BR>ps...This is my real e-mail address, so if any anonymous posters would like to talk to me directly about getting travel agts off Fodors, feel free...

Brooke Apr 15th, 2000 06:34 PM

Chris <BR> <BR>When we went to Maui and Kauai, those are the exact two hotels we stayed at. We loved the resort at Poipu. The rooms were nice more like condos than the typical Embassy Suites. The beach was nice neat the Hyatt, which was about a 5 minute walk depending where your room is situated at. The breakfast was "continental" but I thought much better than Embassy Maui's full b fast because of the Hawaiian freshly made muffins, fresh pineapple, etc. The pool area was beautiful and a huge jacuzzi. The evening cocktail reception had your drinks plus pasta brought in from an Italian restaurant, and local entertainment. This resort gave us the true feeling of Hawaii. <BR> <BR>Embassy Maui was all right, at the time when we were there they were changing ownership. This hotel was a little more commercialized. The pool area was nice but the beach was not good. The suites were your typical suites from Embassy which were nice. The food at the hotel was not good and there was always a long line during cocktail hour. <BR> <BR>Hope this info helps - even though it is coming from a travel agent. Have a great trip!