Salem, MA!

Old Jul 11th, 2016, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salem, MA!

Hi Everyone,

Looking to plan trip to Salm for October. I know it gets super busy during this time, so what are the best/affordable hotels in the Salem area? It doesn't have to be in the actual town itself, but maybe on the outskirts or a town over. I will have my truck so we'll be able to drive in and park if there aren't any trolleys, trains, or buses that can take us into Salem.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
Lauryn
Old Jul 11th, 2016, 10:11 AM

What is itinerary or are there other stops? What is goal of your trip - to do Halloween stuff at night, see witch stuff in Salem, museums? Can you go midweek? Dates?

A number of hotels in Danvers and Peabody. Other than from Boston at rush hour, public transit to/from Slem is not the best. Lots of parking lots and some street parking
Old Jul 11th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Hi Gail - The goal of the trip is just to visit Salem, no other stops. Probably for two nights (a weekend trip), visit the museums and other historic sights during the day and maybe ghost tours and dinner at night. I was thinking Friday Oct 14-Sunday Oct 16th. We would most likely just drive becauase I live on Long Island. But yes, I am looking for the best hotels in the area that are affordable and not too far (max drive 20 minutes), because basically all of the hotels in the town of Salem itself are fully booked.
Old Jul 11th, 2016, 12:58 PM

Besides all the witch exhibits, the National Park Service has tours of various houses and storerooms used by the merchants. The Peabody and Essex Museum is also interesting. Salem is very charming and is definitely worth an overnight stay since it is a long drive from Long Island.
Old Jul 11th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

Great! What hotels do you recommend within a 20 minute drive? All hotels in the actual town of Salem itself are fully booked.
Old Jul 11th, 2016, 07:53 PM

Did you check the new boutique hotel The Merchant? We stayed there in the Spring. Pricey but totally worth it and right in the center of town. Loved this hotel.